Menu
keithparker2011
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

getting a new phone with your rewards

Hello. What is the point of getting rewards for your top up's to buy a new phone when EVERY SINGLE phone is out of stock???? Even the ones that are being displayed as being in stock!!! I've been trying to get my daughter her very first phone with my rewards for her birthday but they are ALL out of stock.... Not A SINGLE phone available!!! looks like i am going to have to go out and buy one. Very frustrating. Whats the point of getting rewards if you cant use them???

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: getting a new phone with your rewards

Hi keithparker2011,

you could try your local Virgin Media Store 

Last time I used my rewards, I used them in-store and walked away with my new phone.
(You could even give them a call first just to check what they have in stock).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
keithparker2011
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your reply. while i fully appreciate the option of going to a virgin store, what's the point of having the online option if you can't use it? They have 27 phones displayed for you to use your rewards on and NONE are available? Not even the ones that are displayed as "available". Not exactly a good service, especially for those that can't or don't have the time to go in store.

0 Kudos
keithparker2011
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can't even Email them about this. I can log in to my account using my Email/username & password, I can post here using the same, but when i try to go to Email it says my username/Email/password don't exist. I have tried registering my account for the Email and it say's enter your 9 digit account number yet my account number has 10 digits!!! How frustrating!!!

0 Kudos
orfc
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I moaned about this a couple of weeks ago and the response was a) go to a virgin shop or b) just buy a sim-free phone off the net

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/What-s-with-most-of-your-phones-being-quot-out-of-...

I don't see how stock can be available in a shop but not online. I can understand the other way round: stock may be in a warehouse somewhere and not in a shop, but I don't see how virgin mobile don't have a system that knows which shops have which stock and can then request some of it to be sent to online purchasers. Either their stock system is broke due to an intrinsic lack of communication (ironic) or phone manufacturers are unwilling to release new stock and it really is just what's left on the shelves.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi keithparker2011,

unfortunately Virgin Mobile don't have an email address.

You can call on 789 / 0345 6000 789.

Or you could use web-chat: Help and Support - Contact Us 

The advisors are often busy though so you may not get connected straight away.
(If you want to try this I would recommend using a PC or laptop and keeping the page open, just refresh it every few minutes until "chat" becomes available).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos