Menu
PlocC89
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

fuming and frustrated but I`ll keep it polite ( I know mods will respond to this 2 weeks later ????)

So I ordered a galaxy s8 on sunday 26th November  it was a black friday deal and the site said It would arrive the next day. I then got an email saying I would need to call virgin to give them more information so I called and the call centre guy said somebody would call back tomorrow to get the details and that he couldn't take them so I thought ok a 1 day delay is nothing so thought nothing of it. next day I didn't get the call so called on tuesday and a nice lady spoke to me and admitted that they were having issues with their systems so she would call back on friday to manually process the order and that I should get the phone on Saturday. I never got the call so called on saturday letting them know about everything above and they said the order got cancelled?? But the person then went on to say that  they can reorder everything for me so I was like ok but can you guarantee me that I wont go through the same thing and they were like yh sure. So they reordered for me last saturday and they said the phone should be with me on monday and that I would get an email with a contract to sign. I didnt get any email and no one has contacted me ever since. So its been 2 weeks since I made the original order and nearly a week since they reordered for me. I`ve lost the will to call these people?? will someone help 

0 Kudos
PAMDILL
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: fuming and frustrated but I`ll keep it polite ( I know mods will respond to this 2 weeks later ????)

I have spent 3 weeks now between website, live chat and telephone trying to upgrade my husband's ancient pay as you go mobile phone, now finally got the new phone but can't get his current number transferred to the new sim card.

One useless man told me it is impossible to transfer a current virgin mobile number to another virgin mobile sim card.  I had told the customer service lady when getting the phone ordered that as his phone was so old the sim card would definitely not fit into a new phone which is why I got sent the new sim card.

Everyother network I have dealt with changing mobile phones for my staff has simply had me call up and provide the long number on the back of the new sim card and they just reallocate that sim serial number to the current phone number yet Virgin state that it is impossible.  The supposed solution is to order a sim replacement and wait for it to arrive, so that will be another long wait.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: fuming and frustrated but I`ll keep it polite ( I know mods will respond to this 2 weeks later ????)

I take it the SIM is too big for the new phone. One thing you can do is actually cut down the SIM to fit with a special tool, they are fairly cheap. Another way which was successful for me a few years ago was to go into one of the independent phone shops/market stall and they will cut it down for about £2. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos