Menu
Deano74
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

faulty sony M4 aqua. Can i change it?

I had the misfortune to upgrade my mobile to a sony M4 in about may time. It barely lasted a month before the screen began to just turn off. Eventually the screen went dark and never returned even though the phone was on (could reset, adjust vol and hear the message alert). Spoke to virgin, returned phone for repair. Few days late it came back with a letter stating that i had sent them the wrong phone?????. The phone worked and had been reset, so i went with it (found out later it had had a new mother board apparently). Lasted about a week before the same problems started, only this time if i could get the screen to light up it might freeze. Groovy!!. Week or so later it had gone totally again. The phone was on but nobody home. Returned phone. Came back to me untouched with letter "have sent the wrong phone" ??. Grrr! Spoke to virgin. Again!. Sent back. Again! Returned to me. Again! Not working, untouched with the wrong phone letter. Really peeved now. Spoke to a really nice guy at virgin, who found that unknown to me, the IMEI for the phone had been changed and my account had not been changed to match. Took a few days, but the guy managed to sort it all and re arrange for the phone to be repaired. Still with me? Sent phone, phone came back, phone lasted less than 24 hrs before going wrong. Again!!!! Same basic fault, only this time cant even adjust the vol. Cant even turn it off. Really, really hacked off! All this time i've had to borrow a phone and lodge my nano sim into it (with the help of a piece of card). I spoke to a very nice lady at virgin who booked it in for repair. Thats where i stopped her. I have had enough of this rubbish phone. I asked her if there was any way that i could change my phone for a better model. She asked her manager, but the response didnt sound too promising. The phone is being returned this week. Again! 

Has anyone got any advice in this situation? I cant trust this phone. I need to be able to be contacted by my daughters. Im only into my new contract less than 6 months. I just know that when my phone goes back, it will just returned to me again. Really lost all faith in it. Both my daughters, and my wife have new virgin mobiles and we have virgin media at home. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: faulty sony M4 aqua. Can i change it?

Hi Deano74,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. I appreciate that this is not an ideal situation, seeing that you have been without your mobile phone and apologise for the inconvenience this causes. 

I would like to look into this further for you, but will need to take more information from you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos