Menu
NurYmsk
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

extremely poor network/mobile coverage

Hi I have 2 questions,

1) Couple of months ago I have upgraded my tariff to VIP Plus Exclusive Sim Only, which was £18.00 by the time. Then suddenly from the 2nd month I have been charged £21.00 instead without any information or confirmation with me. Why have you increased my bill without my knowledge. Hence I want full refund and reinstatement of my previous bill of £18.00

2) Why Virgin media mobile and the internet coverage is very bad in entire London. I cannot access internet since I have upgraded my tariff from  starter sim exclusive only to VIP Plus. I tell you that there is nothing VIP about this service because it sucks. Every time I try to use the internet the connection drops and whenever I try to use the google map or iPhone map, because of poor connection I end up loosing signal and it is very frustrating when you get lost and be late for your meeting. Therefore, is it because the virgin is providing an unreliable service or are we just being ignored by its employees?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: extremely poor network/mobile coverage

1 Virgin say they sent a letter to all affected customer including me about the very large price hike.

2 you need to recheck all the settings and Access point names are all correct on your phone, if you are not a techie type call 789 when there open and someone will help you sort it.

3 if you check network availability on the EE website, you will get an idea of what signal strength you can expect, don't forget there is NO 4G on virgin

0 Kudos
NurYmsk
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

1) I did NOT receive any letter nor email from virgin about price hike, so poor communication as well as poor network.... 

2) My access points are all intact and I am techy enough to sort simple issues without calling anyone.. but I will call them anyhow when "they are" open

3) I have checked EE website and it shows excellent signal strength in my area even though, believe ne it is not that excellent.

4) You have a great and very polite customer service here in this forum. (also thanks for the apology for the inconveniences you have caused)...

J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm not staff but thanks, most help here is from customers giving up a little free time to help if they can

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi NurYmsk,

Welcome into the Community and thank you for choosing us for your mobile.

I can see you've already met J0hn, thank you for your help so far.

I am sorry that you were not made aware of a price increase, our records show that this was sent to the address on the account. The 30 day rolling SIM only deal offers the right to leave anytime and due to the flexibility of this tariff I am unable to modify the deal price.

I hope that this has answered your questions and please stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos