Menu
fb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

extra charges

Did not send them to Norway Canada and the States. Checked with my USA relatives; I don't know anyone in Norway. Spoke with the chat person who couldn't help.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: extra charges

Thanks for your reply FB Smiley Happy

We saw this issue previously on our side that was billed incorrectly as messages to the USA if you sent an MMS message to an email address instead of a number. Was this what happened on this occasion?

Keep an eye on it for future reference. I'll be more than happy to help in any way I can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi fb,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with extra charges. Can you let me know if these were calls, messages, MMS messages or something different?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
fb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

Thanks for your quick reply.Here are the offending calls etc: it seems odd that they should all occur at a specific time.

26 November: 10.25: picture message to Canada and United states *****************

26 November: 10.25: picture message: ***********

26 November: 10.25: picture message to Norway:***************

26 November: 10.25: picture message ***************

26 November: 10.25: picture message to Canada and United States: ********************

26 November: 10.25: picture message: *****************

26 November: 10.25: picture message:******************

The same thing happened December 3: 16.30 in respect of Canada and United States and the last two mobile numbers.

I managed to speak with the chat line and got nowhere; then I phoned VM 150: it took ages to sort out. In the end they reluctantly reimbursed me £3 or so. But told me that this was a one-off and would not be repeated. I have noticed that several people have complained about receiving picture message costs. EE admitted a glitch and refunded.

The two mobile numbers belong to colleagues but I did not send them picture messages. One received short messages about meeting up; the other received longer text messages (and I gather that any message over 160 characters is automatically charged as a picture message after conversion. The assistant showed me how to prevent picture messages being sent from my phone, including an alert if such a picture should arise. 

Let's hope that things improve in the future. I have said that if this sort of charge crops up again I will consider leaving VM Mobile, reluctantly, because the other services are very good (broadband/TV). 

Do you think there has been a glitch in the system?

Many thanks for your help.

FB

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for your reply FB Smiley Happy

We saw this issue previously on our side that was billed incorrectly as messages to the USA if you sent an MMS message to an email address instead of a number. Was this what happened on this occasion?

Keep an eye on it for future reference. I'll be more than happy to help in any way I can.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
fb
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

Possibly. I'll keep an eye on future bills. Many thanks for your help.

FB

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all Smiley Happy

Thanks for posting and happy holidays!

Mat

0 Kudos