Menu
keithparker2011
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

emailing Virgin CEO regarding phone stock issues

I have today emailed the CEO of Virgin regarding the ongoing stock issues for cashing in rewards (copy attached) 

Lets see what the response is???

If/when i get a reply i will post it.

Dear Sir I have been a loyal Virgin Mobile customer with my original account *********** for some 5 ...

0 Kudos
keithparker2011
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: emailing Virgin CEO regarding phone stock issues

not sure if i have attatched the email copy correctly?

0 Kudos
keithparker2011
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dear Sir

I have been a loyal Virgin Mobile customer with my original account 07*** ****** for some 5 years and have 3 other accounts with you.
I have always been very happy with the service itself and the quality of customer services.... Until now.
I have always been aware of the rewards scheeme (£10 to use towards a new phone for every £100 spent on top-up's) but have never actually used them.
I planned to get my daughter her very first phone for her upcomming birthday and thought great, i can cash in my rewards and save some cash on the purchase.
She picked out a choice of two phones, two that were displayed as being "in stock" and got very excited when we went to order one. However, they both suddenly became "out of stock" as soon as i clicked to buy them.  She finally settled for another choice that was also displayed as being in stock but we got the same result. Infact, EVERY SINGLE phone that was supposed to be in stock was infact not.
Not a single phone in stock to use your rewards on??
I looked a little deeper into this via the online forum and found out this has been an ongoing problem for quite some time with countless unhappy customers over this, the response they have had from customer service and the fact that you can't even contact customer service by email to enquire or complain about it.
I was goig to make enquiries myself,  but noticed that those that had done so already had posted comments like "banging your head against a brick wall" being told to "just keep trying" or "getting a far from pleasant response over the phone", so i decided not to bother.
Time is now running out for me to get a phone in time for my daughters birthday, and after re-trying countless times over the last few days, I have realised that i have to go and pay cash for one, leaving me wandering what is the point of the rewards scheeme if you can't you can't use them?
The solution given by Virgin seems to be to "go into a Virgin store and hope they have something in stock or are able to order you something", which is fine.... for some people!  What about those that do not have a local store? Or don't have time to go in store (like myself)? Or simply can't for some reason or another?  Is that not the whole point for having an online option? To cater for those people? To make life easier for Virgin customers?  It seems, for those people, that the rewards scheeme is just a teaser to get customer in that simply can't be redeemed.
I can fully appreciate that stock sometimes runs out, but EVERYTHING being out of stock? And this problem seems to have been going on for some time without rectification.
Well, it seems that i simply have to find the time to go and buy a phone for my daughter, but i wont be visiting a Virgin store to get one at the risk that i will just be wasting what little spare time i have.
I have also ordered a sim card for her new phone but unfortunately, for this reason,  it is not a Virgin sim.  I have also ordered 3 for myself pending the response i get.  My reason being, that i believe large companies such as yourself get away with things like this because too many people "just put up with it" and the very few that do not and take their business elsewhere are just small fish in a very big lake that are simply not missed. 
If i decide to leave it will be purely out of principal and just to do my bit for the countless other unhappy customers.  I wish more stood up for themselves and followed suit, maybe then problems like this would be rectified in a reasonable amount of time through fear of loosing valuable customers.

Just one last point.... Think for a second, about those people who have raised their concerns about this ongoing problem and the response they have recieved??? How would that make YOU feel??
It's the people that don't have the privelige of spare cash to splash out on a new phone... The people that a rewards scheeme like that is the only way they can afford a new phone... The people that it's something they forward to and even get excited about when they have actually earned enough to get a new phone that they otherwise would not be able to get...  but then get let down by it.

You have the power to solve this situation. It's really quite simple?  Your capabilities far, far exceede being able to ensure that stocks are replenished.  It's not at all a big thing for a big company like youselves to do but it's a big thing for the little people that something like this means a lot to.

I will await your response before making a final decision on changing provider or not. Whether i stay or go, if this email makes just one person get a new phone (that is displayed as being in stock) for their rewards, then it will have been worth my time and you will have made a difference to someone.

Kindest regards

Keith Parker

0 Kudos
puruend
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can fully appreciate that stock sometimes runs out, but EVERYTHING being out of stock? And this problem seems to have been going on for some time without rectification.

0 Kudos
keithparker2011
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have, today, received a reply to this email (a quite reasonable response time) acknowledging my concerns and stating that my email has been passed to the relevant persons with a view to rectifying this issue and that a further response from those persons will be with me shortly.

So far so good... 

Will post again as soon as i get any further response.

0 Kudos
keithparker2011
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I received a phone call yesterday from the complaints department regarding my email to the CEO about stock issues and the inability to cash in earned rewards. Again a speedy response and a pleasant conversation!!

I was informed that the CEO was unaware of this problem, and after looking into it, it has, apparently, been put down to an IT error.

I was told that this will be looked into and rectified as soon as possible.

So far, i personally,  have not encountered the issues that others have seemed to have and have posted about, like not getting any response or getting an unsatisfactory response. Which just leaves whether or not this problem is solved and if so in a satisfactory time period or not?

I will keep trying to get a new phone (that is displayed as being "in stock") and if successful will post an update.

If anybody has any success in getting a phone in stock could you please let me know?

Thank you... And thank you Virgin for your speedy response.

0 Kudos