Menu
jpfruits
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

data rollover

my airtime just refreshed and it used to say 4g 2500mins + 4gb and said data rollover but now the data rollover is not there

also had a text to say data rollover 4gb has been removed from your package is data rollover no longer going to be available 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: data rollover

Hi jpfruits

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry for any confusion with data-rollover.

You should continue to benefit from this each month when your data refreshes on a 4G tariff. You will receive a text saying your rollover has been removed. This is because you can only keep it for 30 days extra (i.e. 60 days in total).

In other words the maximum you can have at any one time is 2 months' worth of your tariff.

For example, if you use 2GB in your first month of the 4GB plan, the remaining 2GB will rollover giving you 6GB to use the next month.

If you only use 1GB the next month, you won't carry the full 5GB remaining over, but just the 4GB from that months' tariff.

You'd therefore have 8GB of allowances for the next month... and so on.

I hope this makes sense, but let me know if I can still help out .

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi jpfruits

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry for any confusion with data-rollover.

You should continue to benefit from this each month when your data refreshes on a 4G tariff. You will receive a text saying your rollover has been removed. This is because you can only keep it for 30 days extra (i.e. 60 days in total).

In other words the maximum you can have at any one time is 2 months' worth of your tariff.

For example, if you use 2GB in your first month of the 4GB plan, the remaining 2GB will rollover giving you 6GB to use the next month.

If you only use 1GB the next month, you won't carry the full 5GB remaining over, but just the 4GB from that months' tariff.

You'd therefore have 8GB of allowances for the next month... and so on.

I hope this makes sense, but let me know if I can still help out .

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

jpfruits
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thank you for the clarification

0 Kudos
gwynnej3
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I received the same this morning - the first text says "... you've kept your unused data from last month...", then 15 minutes  later second text says "OK, we've now removed Data Rollover 200Mb from your package. ...." 

The first text was nice to receive, the second text message is at best confusing, at worst annoying or misleading.  It could alpost certainly be worded better - or not sent at all.

Kind regards - John

0 Kudos
wing
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The rollover thing is very misleading and not explained properly.  I signed up for 300mb data sim only at £6.00/mth and been told that I can rollover and accumulate any unused data. When I call 789 at the beginning of each month to check my data availability I am told I have 300 mins of unlimited text and 299mb of data.  I hardly use more than 50mb each month and so it does't look like my unused data have been rolled over  every month. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi wing,

Thanks for posting.

If you're still using your original SIM card then it's likely you're still on a 3G plan and SIM which doesn't come with data rollover.

You can upgrade to a 4G tariff via your online account by following these steps:-

Alternatively, you can contact the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other line.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos