Menu
charwood
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

data over charge

Just been charged £24 above my £12 monthly contract charge for over use of data but I did not receive any text warning me that I was nearing the limit which I have always had in the past.  Very cross that they can just charge without my knowledge and take whatever they like from my bank account.  And there is no way to prove what data you have used - they told me my 4G is still being used up when I'm at home on wifi and I should turn it off - really?  

Been with Virgin mobile since I got my first phone - must be 10 years but not putting up with being ripped off without my consent......BT mobile looking attractive.

Any advice - feel aggrieved and robbed.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: data over charge

Hi charwood,

even if connected to WIFI, when in standby your phone's WIFI may "go to sleep" as a battery saving measure. You can check for this in your phone's WiFi or Power Management settings. Also check that App updates are restricted to "over WiFi connection" only.

Remember that Apps and the phone's OS will regularly check for updates themselves, sync calendar events, emails e.t.c and use small amounts of background data if allowed to without you actively making a data connection.

You should also check in the settings of your phone itself for a record of how much mobile data has been used over the last month and by what.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos