Menu
noush
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

data allowence

can anyone tell me what uses a lot of data ? as have a son who managed to use his 500mb of data in 10 days!! first time in 3yrs this has happened but I don't want it to happen again. He is normally very careful but has told me he has been using  Skype and been on youtube which is no different than before which is why I find it hard that he managed to use his data so quickly!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: data allowence

If he's watching videos in (say) 720p after watching them in 360p - that would use four times as much data.

0 Kudos
Motostu
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We've had the same today. Used 250mb in one hour this can't be right. Virgin what is going on?   It was only you tube!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Noush,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that a lot of data has been used on the phones. I want to get to the bottom of this for you. To see where the data has been used, log in to your online account here in the usage section.

Let me know how you get on with this. I'm here if you need me.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Motostu wrote:

We've had the same today. Used 250mb in one hour this can't be right. Virgin what is going on?   It was only you tube!

Of course it's right. The first video that popped up in my Youtube list of "recommendations" is QI XL episode M02 which is 43 minutes long and in 720p uses up 501MB (525,085,116 bytes to be exact).

0 Kudos