Menu
cathalmullan
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

damaged phone- not happy

I am very unhappy with Virgin mobile. I returned my sony xperia M4 for repair. This is only 7 months old and I have 17 months of the contract to pay. Virgin were unable to repair the phone ...so they sent me a replacement one that was obviously older than the one I repaired...when I contacted virgin to express my dissatisfaction and ask for a new phone I was advised this is not their policy...how can it be right that virgin do not replace the phone I had which is still under guarantee with a new replacement....I am now effectively paying for a reconditioned , older phone that the one I had for the next 17 months... I have advised that am not satisfied  with the replacement phone and that I want to return it...I was advised that I could return it but that they would not send out another replacement phone until they received it...effectively leaving me without a phone for another 2- 3 weeks which was the length of time I had to wait for the replacement phone ..I am now seriously considering terminating my tv, broadband etc bundle with Virgin ...

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: damaged phone- not happy

Sadly I have to say that it's all within their T&C's, they can repair or replace at their choice, after the first few weeks it's almost always repair, good luck 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: damaged phone- not happy

Hi Cathalmullan,

Thank you for coming in and posting again, welcome back into the Community.

When your mobile breaks it's never just a phone, it's the impracticality and the loss of freedom to communicate and thats always the key especially in our fast paced world we live in.

I would like to know what phone you currently have as we would always give you a replacement of like-for-like quality. You would have had a call from the Mobile repair company to release the phone only after agreeing this with you, did you receive a call?

Keep in touch and thank you for your ongoing communication.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos