Menu
SH70
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

credit declined

Despite being a very long standing Virgin Customer (TV, Broadband, Landline ,Mobile) and having being invited to select an early upgrade my credit was declined. I immediately checked my credit score and as I expected it was good, no issues at all. I chose to upgrade to a Sony M4 aqua with a free tablet at no extra cost that I am paying now. I have always enjoyed a good relationship with Virgin and don't want to go elsewhere for my services .please ,what can I do ?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: credit declined

Go into a Virgin shop and ask them to sort it out. You should be able to appeal because a declined credit application reduces your credit score. Sometimes the credit scoring system associates you with people that you shouldn't be associated with and that can affect your ability to get service.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Whatever they say it seems Virgin are not doing credit searches with the main credit agencies. Plenty of people on here have been declined and when they check the likes of Experian / Equfax there are no searches registered. 

Quite a few have gone to another network and got the phone they wanted, no problem

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Might this be the answer?

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos

All Replies
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Go into a Virgin shop and ask them to sort it out. You should be able to appeal because a declined credit application reduces your credit score. Sometimes the credit scoring system associates you with people that you shouldn't be associated with and that can affect your ability to get service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sh70,

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear that you've had some issues with the credit check.

So we can look into this, I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps. You can view this by clicking

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Whatever they say it seems Virgin are not doing credit searches with the main credit agencies. Plenty of people on here have been declined and when they check the likes of Experian / Equfax there are no searches registered. 

Quite a few have gone to another network and got the phone they wanted, no problem

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Might this be the answer?

0 Kudos