Menu
Yardstick
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

contract upgrade question

I've got a Sony experia l on the starter tariff (£16 a month). I can upgrade in two weeks and I like the look of the HTC one m8s. Once my contract is finished does anybody know how much the tariff on it's own will be as I assume I will have paid for the phone over the 2 years.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: contract upgrade question

Don't really understand your post - are you looking to buy on a Freestyle contract, where the SIM and the handset are separate, or just go SIM only?

The two-year contract you've just been on has paid for the Sony Experia you have. If you upgrade, the cost of whatever you upgrade to will be payable for the next two years.

From looking at the store page, the HTC M8s is £16 per month for the handset and an additional £5 to £15 per month depending on the minutes/texts/data combo you want.

Yardstick
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

cheers for reply Gorf....

I want to keep the tariff I am on but with the HTC M8s phone. I've seen the freestyle tariffs and understand you are paying one price for the phone and one price for the tariff.

So if the HTC is £16 a month what would the cost of my current tariff be if I can move that across to the HTC phone

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't answer that, because the old tariffs weren't split into phone and service. While it was quite obviously a credit agreement for a handset, legally it was "commit to paying this much per month for two years for this level of service, and you get a free phone".

What sort of service (minutes/texts/data) did you get with the £16 Sony tariff?

0 Kudos
Yardstick
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I get unlimited texts, 200 minutes and 500mb data. I don't use the minutes each month but regularly go over 250mb for data.

So looking at the tariff prices on freestyle contracts I would need the £8 tariff to suite my data requirement but I don't need the 1000 minutes.

Appreciate your trying to help, all I can do is wait till 2 July and see if virgin will do me a deal to pay £16 for the phone and say £5 a month for the starter tariff....
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It doesn't do any harm to look up similar deals on competitor websites and see what Virgin will offer to keep you.

If you phone for a bespoke deal, make sure you have ACR installed on your handset so you can refer back to any agreement if the sales person forgets to make a not of what you've been offered.

0 Kudos