Menu
crys1984
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

contract ended

My contract ended at the end of December and i said a number of times via telephone I wanted to cancel. I now have a bill of £123! I've spoken to customer services who tell me I need to pay the outstanding balance before they can cancel? The phone line has been cut off since Christmas, does anyone have any advice on what to do. I do have 2 other contracts with them which I have no issue with
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: contract ended

Hi crys1984

it makes sense for 3 months worth of bills to add up to the £123 you speak of

Call Customer relations on 0800 183 1150 Smiley Happy . They have a good reputation Smiley Happy . They are also cancelations Smiley Happy

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

All Replies
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi crys1984

Before Virgin can cancel or action the cancelation request . The balance on the account must be up to date. You cannot cancel an account that's overdue

If you have a bill of £123 . This would either be an indication that the bills haven't been paid up to date to which you have multiple bills owing ( accumulation of bills) OR there has been a bill been run up to which the phone cannot have been cut off as the phone would still be in service to which the user of the phone surely would know.

My best advice would be to pay the account up to date . If the bills are left overdue then the account cannot be cancelled and this is also going to impact your other contracts as well because when you upgrade. Virgin check on what sort of payer you are ( i.e a credit check ) to which the overdue bill may come back and bite you

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

0 Kudos
crys1984
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee_B

They sent me a bill of £41on my contract end date? Surely they should have waited until the direct debit came out of my bank before cutting the line off? I rang and asked what was happening and said id have to pay £41 before being put back on but i said i wanted to end the contract and will wait for the dd to come out the bank since then i was billed another £41 in january and another £41 for febuary. Something has obviously gone wrong and nobody wants to rectify the problem other than tell me to pay an amount which I really shouldn't owe. Customer services aren't really helpful and tell me that paul and mark in contracts termination don't want to speak to me (call operators words not mine) and that I must pay or I will continue to be billed. I said in December to cancel my contract when the last payment us made...This hasn't been done and I've continually been billed..

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi crys1984

it makes sense for 3 months worth of bills to add up to the £123 you speak of

Call Customer relations on 0800 183 1150 Smiley Happy . They have a good reputation Smiley Happy . They are also cancelations Smiley Happy