Menu
gambit1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

contract change - getting through to someone who can actually help!

Not sure if anyone can advise.  I called last month as I'm out of minimum contract, to change to a cheaper, rolling contract with more data.  I was told this was done, yet looked at my bill this month to find I've been charged extra for data that should have been included on my new contract.  My plan has still not been changed, despite being on the phone to virgin for well over an hour, and speaking to at least 3 different people before someone allegedly 'helped' me, and changed my plan. After trying the online chat (which is now 'busy') I was told repeatedly, "I can send you a new sim card and brand new contract". I don't understand what is so hard to understand when I say, I have a contract, I'm keeping my phone, I just want to change my plan!!!!

Who can I call, or email, that will actually understand what I'm trying to do, and follow through with it?

Very frustrated at this point, and about ready to cancel my direct debit and jump ship.  Absolute joke, seems no one at virgin wants to help unless you want to buy a new phone, or pay for a more expensive contract.  Had the same issues with virgin TV and ended up leaving.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: contract change - getting through to someone who can actually help!

Was this data used before your 'refresh' date. Usually the new plan comes into action then and not when you change it.

0 Kudos
gambit1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I originally called well before my refresh date, and called again halfway through last month to find it hadn't been changed.  My refresh date rolled around again a few days ago, and my plan has still not been changed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi gambit1

Welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear about this experience.

I've dropped you a PM with some more information (purple envelope) - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
gambit1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Replied with all my info, called again over the weekend and no further forward. Called today to cancel my contract and finally got through to someone willing to help! Too little too late, paying over the odds for a contract 2 months in a row despite spending god knows how long on the phone and online chat to try and change to a more suitable tariff. Shame as the woman I got through to today was lovely, virgin has been let down by customer service just like it was when I had virgin TV. Would not recommend virgin to anyone after these experiences. Very poor
0 Kudos