Menu
RALFE
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

communication

Ordered 2 phones on-line, including a specified delivery date, but received confirmation for only one - easy mistake I suppose. Contacted Virgin and the error was rectified but the 1st unit was sent on the wrong date - another easy mistake I could say. Both units arrived with a different contract than was stated on-line - wow, another easy mistake I imagine. Contacted Jennifer via phone (789) to discuss the contract error. She gave me contradictory info to the T&Cs but said all would be fine. She said she would send me confirmation by email after I'd questioned her alternative interpretation of the T&Cs. The email still hasn't arrived after 10 days - she must have simply forgotten I suppose. I sent a Recorded Delivery letter to 'Complaints' at Swansea to ask for the original contract to be sent to me, or at least the promised, missing email from Jennifer. I didn't receive a reply - could have been overlooked I suppose. I sent a second letter, with the same contents, just to re-confirm my wishes stated in the 1st missing letter - that too appears to have been mislaid. Oops, there's maybe a hole in the post sack.

Easy mistakes, bad memories, or holes in the post sack I think not. More like a whole mistake entering into any kind of communication with this particular communications provider!  I already have an account with Virgin who know my email address, home address, home phone number, mobile number (for emergencies) and even the 'new' mobile number. Have they contacted me, even to acknowledge any of the above - NO, they don't believe in communication do they!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: communication

Hi RALFE,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for posting.

I sincerely apologise for the multiple problems you've been faced with in regards to your 2 new contracts. It's definitely something I don't like to hear especially from a new customer.

I'm very keen to get this resolved for you. I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
RALFE
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The Forum response was as quick as a service should be. Thanks. Unfortunately other means of Virgin communication leave a lot to be desired. Twelve days and no sign of an email, phone call or letter of acknowlegement over the problem. I've taken advantage of the 14 day returns policy now, although in reality I was sent an incorrect contract so there would have been no rush to be within that 14 day period.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi RALFE,

Thanks for keeping me updated. I appreciate your frustration and I'm sorry we've let you down on this occasion.

I know we last spoke on 4th August and you said a letter had arrived. I'm not sure what the letter said but it obviously wasn't to your satisfaction as you've now returned the contract.

I apologise once again for any inconvenience caused. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos