Menu
minniesota
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

charged recieving premium txt

I have just got my bill and there is an extra £9.00 for premium text recieved.

I rang Virgin and was told that I must have signed up for it.

Well as I am 70yrs old female I am sure that I have never signed up for glamour hunnies.

I have had to text STOP to a short number but Virgin are still going to take the £9.00 off me.

How do I bar numbers like this please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
rubyteddie
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: charged recieving premium txt

Hi there I know what you mean by this I also have had this and this needs to be STOPPED it is a company called BOB 3rd Party SCAM

I was advised to call a number 03333137900 by virgin mobile and I was charged £2.36 for this and when I phoned and spoke to a UK based adviser explained that it was THEIR adviser that told me to phone it and when I asked her if I would be charged she said NO..I am on VIP SIM unlimited ....I checked my account to see that I had...I left a voicemail on it to be called at 17.05 the same day 4th Feb  to be told by the female that they had an 0800 number and a email address to get the charges back for both my call and the premium number that my granddaughter had been charged in Jan for which she DID NOT USE and was even told when I queried her account which is my name again Virgin Mobile stated that they would refund it but it was my granddaughter which I know wouldn't have happened.

I have tried to email the address given and hey guess what it doesn't work!!!!! another SCAM as far as I am concerned it is VIRGIN MOBILE that should be doing something to protect its customers ....

0 Kudos
minniesota
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was told to text STOP to 88108 which I did and got a reply to say that I was unsubscribed. I am scared of it happening again though.

0 Kudos
rubyteddie
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you will be charged for the text as well sorry to say
0 Kudos
minniesota
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have just had a look....Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

These scams are the result of installing unscrupulous free apps. If you want to install a free game (or whatever) look carefully at what it wants access to.

If it wants to access mobile data, your call history and your settings, chances are that you'll start getting spam texts, and possibly your friends will too.
0 Kudos