Menu
ycwkpp898
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

charged for text messages that ARE included in my tariff

So yesterday I logged in to virgin mobile to find a huge mobile bill after 45 mins on the phone it was confirmed that it was a billing error and that the mobile number hadn't been updated on the database so was showing as a premium text. they told me that it would be refunded within 24hrs, so today I look and find that a massive 15p has been credited and the other £51.15 for this months bill is still there. and then next month I have a another £11.40. I asked to speak to someone in the uk. got told there is no one in the uk. Explained it again the actual problem why it has happened and then got told it should be sorted when they take the bill amount on the 21st don't think so. I am not paying a bill I do not owe. This happened a few years ago. I waited 4 months for the money back and they still took the monthly payment even though it showed on there system as a credit.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: charged for text messages that ARE included in my tariff

Hi ycwkpp898, 

I'm so sorry to hear you have had another problem with your mobile bill. Its never good to see the same problem reoccur so my apologies for that. 

I was able to locate your account and I can see that it is already being dealt with by our team and a credit has been requested. Due to the nature of the problem I would definitely suggest waiting for them to correct the issue for you as they are best suited to handle this kind of query. 

If you wish to chase it up then give them a quick call on 789 from your Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other number. 

It may also be worth making sure you keep an eye on your online account as you should see your bill reflect in there. 

If you need anything else feel free to get back in touch. 

Many thanks 

Mike

stevenwelsh17
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The same thing is happening to one of our phones. The texts are being charged at 15p but it should be included in the tariff. I had to pay £50 to get the phone unlocked. I was told it would be sorted by the next bill, but they are still charging for these texts so the bill is going up all the time and will lock out again when it reaches it limit. Reading your comments doesn't give me much encouragement for this problem to get sorted quickly

ycwkpp898
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well I am going to cancel my direct debit until they sort it. and then if they pass it to a debit recovery company I still will not pay. I have been promised the credit would be done within 24 hrs. and still waiting. This company cant get anything right lately. So they have till Tuesday 15th Nov. then I will cancel the direct debit. they have already told me its a problem at there end. so I am not accounted for it. So any charges Virgin media will pay.

0 Kudos
stevenwelsh17
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Got this months bill and it wasn't sorted out. Phoned them up to find out what was happening and basically told them it was fraud as they were charging me for something that was part of the contract. They admitted it is an ongoing problem with other customers as well and I'm being credited back the money I had to pay to get the phone unlocked within 24 hrs. They have asked me to monitor the account while its being sorted, so they can reimburse me as needed. Watch this space.

0 Kudos
ycwkpp898
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was told it was sorted and it wasn't. had a call from ceo team who confirmed it had credited the 51.15 and the 11.55 from this month but then said they wouldn't credit anymore. I said oh right yes you will as it is a fault with virginmobile not me. The mobile number that it was for is a normal mobile number. and I know other people have the same problem so I will be getting the credits. I am checking my account each day.
0 Kudos