Menu
richandsonia
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

changing account phone number

How do I change the number of my virgin mobile in my account? I have two virgin mobiles, but I cannot have both numbers in one account as one is a pay-as-you go. I no longer use one of the phones, so need to change the details of the phone on my account.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: changing account phone number

Firstly, you can have more than one phone on your account, so that's not an issue, I think the limit normally is three of four.

If you still wish to get the payg phone number removed from your account call 789 and ask them to remove the number, it removes it from not gust the account but from your name as well. It takes overnight to complete from the day they agree to do it

0 Kudos
richandsonia
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately having spoken to Virgin on several occaisions they have advised me that I cannot have both phones on my account - something to do with the tariff. I have even tried to add the phone using the on-line procedure, but the system will not permit this.

It looks as if I am going to have to speak with Virgin again as you suggest, which if I am honest I was trying to avoid as it always seems to take hours and often the person you speak with doesn't seem to understand the issues.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi richandsonia,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry to hear that you've been having difficulties getting this sorted out. 

Let me check into this for you to see why you aren't able to add your PAYG mobile onto your account. I'll need to take more details from you, so I'll pop a private message over to you. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this screen.

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi richandsonia,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your Virgin Mobile service, as I haven't received a response from you yet.
If you are still having problems with this and would like for me to look into this for you, please let me know.
Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos