Menu
scopp
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

cannot send text message

I'm travelling in Canada and after a week of good service appear to have lost my capacity to send text messages. I can make and receive calls and receive texts, but cannot send any texts.

Are there any known problems with the system?

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: cannot send text message

I know this is labeled as in the EU, but it seems it is affecting all over

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Issues-with-Roaming-in-the-EU/td-p/3168027
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have seen a few more news articles that suggest it is not just an EU issues as previously thought.  Perhaps the @ModTeam could update the "sticky" post title to remove the EU part as folks travelling outside Europe will probably be ignoring it.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scopp,

Thank you for coming in and posting your comments in the Forum Smiley Happy

I am sorr to read about the texting issue and I have been able to look inot the account and can see that the texting facility was enabled. I would like to ask if you have since been able to text?

Please take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos