Menu
emad
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

cannot receive calls

Hello,

I ported in to virgin 2 years ago from Lyca and suddenly a week ago i cannot receive calls at all, and this is causing me a huge problem.

i called the customer service many times and regardless i have a concern about their quality and professionalism all trouble shooting done but still problem not solved.

Feedback from technical department after 3 days is to change the Sim card despite its not a Sim card problem, but they sent me a new sim after 2 days while they told me that you will get it the next day.

I called them this morning as no follow up done with and still cannot receive any calls and was transferred to the technical department and she told me 'We don't have time frame to solve your problem'

i cannot believe this is happening, no follow up at least by text, they don't even care about the customer.

sooooo sad

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: cannot receive calls

Have you tried the SIM card(s) in ANOther phone? The phone phone would need to be unlocked if it's not Virgin Mobile.

Also the new SIM would need to be activated which would deactivate the old SIM. Did you do the activation?  I believe you can now do this through online account management. Or Virgin might have sent a pre-activated SIM in which case the old SIM would have been deactivated immediately.

The port from Lyca can't have anything to do with this since the port has been working for 2 years.

When somebody rings your number does it divert to voicemail or what do the callers get? 

0 Kudos
emad
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the feedback, i have tried every thing and virgin sent me a new sim but same problem.

I know its not logic that problem is from lyca as i ported in 2 years ago but this was the feedback from virgin technical dep. I am not convinced and not satisfied by their feedback that there is no time frame for solving the problem.
0 Kudos
emad
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Also what make me more sad that the voice mail is not working, when anybody calls it gives either call ended or invalid number
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi emad

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your service at the moment. 

An issue with ported numbers from Lyca is currently being investigated, we hope to have these issues ironed out as soon as possible.

I'd like to feed this back for you, to allow me to do so could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
emad
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Craig, i replied to you private message and hope you can help and solve this problem

0 Kudos
ThisIsDan
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

I am having a similar problem since porting my old number originally from Lyca to Virgin and now I can't seem receive incoming calls or SMS Text messages. Please can you also kindly share anything that might help.

thanks

Craig_D wrote:

Hi emad

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your service at the moment. 

An issue with ported numbers from Lyca is currently being investigated, we hope to have these issues ironed out as soon as possible.

I'd like to feed this back for you, to allow me to do so could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

We'll talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos
emad
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello This is Dan

When did you port in to virgin?
0 Kudos
ThisIsDan
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emad,

I ported over to Vigin on the 25th April 2015 and since the port, I've not been able to receive calls and text, but weirdly making calls and texting outbound seems to be working.

0 Kudos
ironman1
Just joined
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I am also having the same problem of  "not receiving calls". I got ported my Lyca mobile number , three months back. Now I am not receiving any incoming calls..

I called up the tech support team , they mentioned that, its problem with Lyca end and they are investigating on it. They didn't give any timeframe for this resolution.

its almost three weeks, I am NOT getting any calls.

Virgin team, can you please expedite the problem resolution??  Because of this problem , virtually I cant use my phone at all...and its affecting heavily my day to day life...

If you need any information , related to this pls get back to me....

Looking for a quicker resolution.........

Thanks,

0 Kudos