Menu
ashtree
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

cancelling mobile contract

I am trying to cancel a mobile phone contract and when I ring customer services they ask for 3 characters of my password. I give them the online account password and they say it is incorrect but i go online and the password is correct !!!!!!!!!!! Three times I have tried to cancel and each time they say the characters are incorrect and they can only enter them once. They wont accept bank details, mothers maiden name or any other personal details like DOB. This is a joke !!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancelling mobile contract

Hi ashtree,

the password you created for your online account is not necessarily the same as the spoken password (or characters from) which you are required to give when calling customer services about your account.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you log into your online account, click on "view my profile" then click "security details", your telephone security password is there for you.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
ashtree
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply but the only password there is my online password. There is my security question about my mother's maiden name.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ashtree wrote:
Thanks for the reply but the only password there is my online password. There is my security question about my mother's maiden name.

Sounds like they've sorted the problem out for some.

Mine has the security question masked out and the security answer showing. lol

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos