Menu
pandotomdb1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

cancelling contract price!

so i want to cancel my contract 4 months early so thats 30 x4 payments remaining so 120 quid as i was quoted.

so whats to stop me logging onto virgin mobile going to change tariff, putting it to the 15 a month tariff then cancelling only paying 60?

i asked how it broke down the payment and was told by virgin customer support it was the remaining months times the monthly tariff so i see no problem with this.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
pandotomdb1
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancelling contract price!

update: been on the phone to virgin again, put on hold for 30 minutes, to be told no one actually knows if it would work.

Also got told to call back when its only 3 months until its up for renewal and they can see what they can do, i also asked about if they could take into                consideration the fact they blacklisted my phone for 2 weeks which resulted in them having to send me a new phone with the weak explanation of 'it                happens sometimes', the guy just repeated that theirs nothing he could do so i guess, ill have to ring again tomorrow.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler

Normally they only allow you to go down to what the contract price started at, so if it was a tenner a month and over time you upped it to twenty quid you can go back to a tenner.

If you can go below a tenner if you started on a tenner I'd be suprised if you can go below.

figures just as an example.

0 Kudos
pandotomdb1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

my original tariff was 30 but ive lowered it to 15 which will come into effect 7th, they have told me my leave price then will be £45 so i guess it does work, surely they cant go back on there word now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi pandotomdb1

I can confirm that all our tariffs have the flexibility to move up or down within contract.

Your buyout fee is based on the tariff multiplied by the number of months remaining.

I'm glad you've  been able to get some help with this now though Smiley Happy

Let us know if there's any further assistance we can offer.

many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos