Menu
jmowe
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

cancellation of mobile contract and still being charged

I was informed by virgin that my contract ended on the 1st april (they did not mention to me that there was a 30 day notice period).  So I went along and purchased my other mobile and service with another provider and when I phoned virgin to cancel my contract 2 days before my contract ended, I was then told that i would have to give 30 days notice and pay a fee.  I have now received a bill and so I am paying double for a phone contract with 2 providers!!! Not happy.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancellation of mobile contract and still being charged

Hi jmowe,

I'm surprised that you did not think to give Virgin Mobile notice of cancellation.

However according to Virgin forum moderator Mark_Y it is actually up to 30 days:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/can-i-give-60-days-notice-to-cancel-contract/m-p/2...

Although I think only 2 days as in your case might be pushing it but you have nothing to lose by phoning back and arguing this point.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancellation of mobile contract and still being charged

The easiest way to cancel is to request and use a PAC code, transferring your number to your new provider.

You can do that any time after your contract runs out. Once the number is transferred your liabilities to an end even if 30 days have not elapsed.

Anyone in customer services says anything else they are wrong. In the past year I have done this twice with family phones.

0 Kudos