Menu
havince
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

cancellation can i?

i pay for 2 contracts and they are split in a way i pay x amount for the phone and x amount for the contract on a 30 day rolling.

does this mean i could cancel the contract part and carry on paying for the phones

just looking at options if i cant get a better signal at home. iv looked thru threads on here where people are buying signal boosters from EE out of there own money to try and fix a problem virgin should be held accountable for

if you cant use your phone at home then the contract is no good and virgin should do the right thing and let you go elsewhere

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: cancellation can i?

You have a two week cancellation period at the start of your contract to iron out any issues with signal.

If you have a signal at the start of your contract but the nearest mast is switched off, you can cancel, but expect a fight.

If there is a temporary problem with signal you are obliged (by English law) to give Virgin a "reasonable" opportunity to put it right. Recent changes in the law suggest that 30 days is what the courts consider to be "reasonable".

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
havince
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

well why does it say im on a rolling 30 day contract with them? seperate from what i pay every month for the phones

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You'll need to ring 789 and ask. My understanding of Freestyle is that there is still a minimum term for the service part of the contract, is just that you can freely switch between tariffs on a monthly basis.

My online account shows different airtime allowances on the same page. I don't trust the website to actually provide me with accurate information.

0 Kudos