Menu
geriann
Superfast
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

can't send or receive texts/calls!

i'm not a happy bunny. Smiley Mad

My Virgin Mobile 2 year contract ends on January 16th. i want to keep my current mobile & go onto a sim only contract.
My parents went to our local Virgin Mobile shop [Queensgate - Peterborough] last week & sorted there's out. While in the shop a Virgin person put a new sim in thier mobile. Keeping thier phone number & everything else the same, but just transferring onto a cheaper sim only plan.
i went into the same Virgin shop today/11th & the lady put a new sim in my mobile for me. She said it may take upto 1 hour for my new sim to set itself up, but it would do it itself. nothing for me to do.

When i got home...2-3 hours after the new sim was put in...i found i couldn't send/receive texts or calls! i also found i couldn't use the internet on my mobile...not the regular Mobile Internet or through Wifi!

i've tried the traditional "switching my mobile off, then on again" thing, but that didn't fix it.
The settings on my mobile all seem to be the same as before i changed my sim.

While i'm at home my mobile automatically connects to my Virgin Media Wifi, yet i still can't use it to go on the internet or do anything else!

I tried looking for the Virgin Mobile signal by going to "settings", then "connections", then "more networks", then "mobile networks", then "network operators"...however when i click on "search networks" it says "error while searching for networks".
If i click "select automatically" instead it says "unable to connect, try later". Smiley Mad

On my mobile when i go to "settings", then "more", then "about device", then "status" [by the way my mobile is a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini] it says some unusual things.
"network" says "unknown".
"mobile network type" says "unknown".
"service state" says "out of service".
"mobile network state" says "disconnected".
"my phone number" says "unknown". Smiley Surprised

So now i have a mobile that can't make/receives calls or texts & wont let me use the internet either. Useless!

i don't know what is causing the problem, so i don't know wether to phone Virgin [from my landline] or go back to the Virgin Mobile shop tomorrow/Thursday?

i'm a loyal, but stressed & annoyed customer. Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
geriann
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: can't send or receive texts/calls!

The good news = I use get on the internet on my mobile if i use my home wifi.
The bad news = I can't access the Internet on my mobile without Wifi.
Of course I still can't send/receive texts or calls.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: can't send or receive texts/calls!

Hi geriann, 

I am sorry to learn of the issues you have faced with the new sim card! 

It sounds like the sim card may not have activated properly, I can take a look at this for you. So that I can do this I will shortly send you a private message just to collect some account information from you. 

To pick this message up please click on the envelope on the top right hand corner. 

Chat soon, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos