Menu
outlaw2000
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

can't login to see a picture

someone sent me a picture eventually vm sent me a text to say it couldn't be downloaded and sent me a password. later another text arrives with a web address and that it'll only be there for 7 days. i get home switch on the computer put in the web address and the code and get told its not valid. why send me these details if yer not goinna let me see what has been sent. i don't use the mobile to access the web, i've a computer at home for that

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: can't login to see a picture

The oft-given advice by the forum team is to send a picture to your own number to automatically set up picture messaging on your handset. This will onlly make a difference for picture (MMS) messages that are sent from now onwards.

If you have been sent a text message directing you to the poor excuse for a retrieval website, you need to access it from a computer.

You need to make sure Java (I think) is up-to-date.

You should try all six combinations of your number (07xxx xxxxxx, 447xxx xxxxxx, +447xxx xxxxxx, 07xxxxxxxxx, 447xxxxxxxxx and +447xxxxxxxxx).

Where it says "ID" in the text message, that's the value you key in to "Password" on the website.

I seem to recall that when you actually see the message header on-screen, you need to tick the box to its left then click another button, but it's so long ago since I needed to do this that I can't remember the actual label on the button. If you're still struggling, by all means get in touch by PM and I'll see what I can do to help.

Oh, one other thing - I couldn't get it to work using Firefox, I had to use Internet Explorer.

0 Kudos
outlaw2000
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

sorted now thanks for yer help gorf

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I hope you don't mind me asking - but would you go through my instructions and point out any bits that are wrong or not very clear? Also, whether you needed to use a different browser and which number format worked for you?

It's a long time since I needed to do this, so I was relying on memory. I could do with someone verifying that the macro template I'm posting for MMS retrieval is still current...

0 Kudos