Menu
davlaurjen
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

can I turn off mobile internet

I don't knowingly use internet data,but this month incurred extra charges for exceeding my allowance.Any ideas why and can I turn this off?

0 Kudos
ericos
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: can I turn off mobile internet

Depends on the phone but most I would image somehwere have  the option to turn off mbile date.

photo speedtest.png
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi davlaurjen,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you've been charged for exceeding your data allowance.

How much allowance do you have every month? Have you thought about upgrading the package?

We'll need to know the make and model of the handset so we can assist you further. Which one do you have?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
davlaurjen
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's a Nokia 530.My data allowance is 500 Mb a month.I've been checking my useage daily this month and had no additional charges this time.However,small amounts of data are used every day in spite of the internet being turned off.This is a mystery to me,but at least it hasn't been costing me extra.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi davlaurjen,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm really pleased to hear you've not gone over your allowance. It's strange how your data is being used when the setting is turned off.

Can you please confirm if you're turning the data off as follows? Please click here for a handset guide and following these steps:-

Select handset > Network > How do I turn data services on and off?

If mobile data and WiFi is turned on at the same time then the WiFi will take priority. However, if there's limited connectivity on the WiFi your mobile data make then be used.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos