Menu
GrizzlyBear
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

calls which appear on my bill dated 26 May 2016

Good afternoon,

I came through to 789 today to query a call I had made approx. 20:30 hrs BST on 29/04/2016.  The guy I spoke with basically told me I couldn’t have made the call as there is no record of it.  Actually it was a call to my local police, either dialling 999 or 101, I just can’t remember which. 

They have their record of the call I made to report a third party accident but, due to the circumstances, wanted me to corroborate the time I made the call which, without a record on my bill, I cannot help them prove this towards a successful prosecution.  I know 101 and 999 are free calls, but I could not explain this to the person I spoke with, as he said if the call was connected, and I was on the line for some seconds/minutes, then there would be a log of this on my bill, albeit a free call.  The timing is crucial in a successful prosecution.

Could you please explain why these numbers are not recorded, but paid texts to short codes like 87474, are.  Surely, if they wanted to prove I say, had made nuisance calls to certain free numbers, including 999, they would want to see a record on my bill to prove their answering records.

I wonder if you could offer some assistance as the PC involved will be contacting me again over the next couple of days and I was hoping to assist him with a call record for this time. 

Many thanks in advance for you time, screenshot of bill below:

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: calls which appear on my bill dated 26 May 2016

The 999 call would be logged with the emergency services and they would have a log of it, indeed it's probably the only admissible call log in this case as electronic bills could be altered

0 Kudos
GrizzlyBear
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for you thoughts, however, if they can't corroborate evidence it would be their word against the defendant, and maybe thrown out by the CPS.  Unfortunately the Virgin call handler told me I could not have made that call, yet the police clearly have a record but need more to prove the case. 

0 Kudos
GrizzlyBear
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just need to know why call log on my phone would show I dialled 101 (made a call today to test), but the call won't show on my calls made on the bill?

0 Kudos