Menu
klwestgla
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

calls barred to ID number

I can't call my son's new ID phone number that starts 07452. Virgin says they haven't added this network yet. Any idea how long it might take to get this sorted? Otherwise I'll need to cancel the virgin sim. 

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: calls barred to ID number

This issue was identified on the forum about two weeks ago, someone posted that Virgin had said September before a resolution.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

klewestgla,

the problem of "mapping" new mobile numbers has come up before and unfortunately it seems to take more time than might be thought Smiley Sad

This thread: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Calls-to-07452-numbers-barred/m-p/3162921/highligh...

involves this "new" number range and the last poster apparently was informed that it would be September.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I can never understand Virgin's problem with mapping. It is a simple process and every other network copes ok

0 Kudos
Timthefluter
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My wife has a new ID phone. Everytime I try to call her from my Virgin mobile I'm told that calls to this number are barred. I've checked her handset and there's nothing there to suggest my calls have been barred. Oddly I can call her from my Virgin landline. I've spoken to 3 people from Virgin who have said that they are not aware of any incompatibility with ID.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Timethefluter Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming in and posting for the first time, welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

As mentioned in the previous comments, 'Mapping' is something that is currently going on in the network with this number range and isn't something that is of normal occurrence . I have been in contact with a source on this and I can inform you all that the beginning of September should be looking promising, without being too vague.

I shall update the thread here in the beginning of September with some news.

Thank you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Timthefluter,

Thank you for you patience in this matter.

I have been looking into this and the introduced new numbers are in the process of being mapped. The majority of them should have been done by now so any left would be the remaining ones that would need to be added.

Are you still getting a barred message when calling your son?

Stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos