Menu
mrselnombre
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

buying out the remains of my contract

I need to buy out the last few months of my contract, as my phone is broke and the cost of repair is crazy (I've shopped around).

When I rang up, they gave me the number to the right department as the lines were busy.

Guess who can't find the scrap of paper.

Does anyone have the number to the contracts department so I can ring them up direct without having to ring 789, and go through all the explanations again.

Or can I log into my phone account and just pay the extra amount off my bill... Then ring up for upgrade?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: buying out the remains of my contract

Just call 789 and choose the "leave us option" there is no need for a lengthy discussion, but you may get a better deal on a new contract if you do.

0 Kudos
mrselnombre
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Don't want to leave, just want a working phone.

Plus I didn't think they did deals now they are all freestyle contracts?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You may be correct on that, but the leave option ,will get someone who can carry out the buy out option

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi mrselnombre

Sorry to hear about the issues with your handset Smiley Sad

Could I just check which handset you have and in what way it's broken?

If it's not broken due to physical or liquid damage, we might be able to fix the phone free for you even if you're outside the usual 12 month warranty, depending on the handset.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
mrselnombre
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The screen is badly cracked, only usable within a mouse. Virgin gave me the most expensive quote to get it fixed.

Just looking for the quickest and cheapest way to replace it now. Currently playing with multiple handsets in carphone warehouse, while I decide
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi mrselnombre

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that - physical damage isn't covered by the warranty.

If you didn't take any insurance when you purchased the phone, it's worth checking if it's covered under your home contents insurance and if you have a 'paid for' bank account, it could be covered under this too.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
mrselnombre
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Excess doesn't make it worth while in this instance. I believe to buy out is now 120. Cheapest quote to fix is 146. Lol. Virgin wanted 200!

I normally do have insurance specific to my phone's, but this time i didn't. Typical.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi mrselnombre

I'm sorry to hear that.

Is there anything I can help out with here to assist with this (other than fixing the phone - which I would do if I could!)

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

0 Kudos