Menu
denisDUB
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

bad support // whatsapp received calls charges

Hi,

On 24th of February I went to Brazil for holiday. I made a call prior to that, February 23rd, on 789 to ask Virgin support operator to cancel my voicemail service (the only way to do it is via making a call - not real handy, is it?), and to stop my cellular data services while I am abroad.

Really helpful support assistant assured me it's been all taken care of and wished me a great holiday.

Today I login into my account to find out that my voicemail is still on, and my cellular data is on too, and when I got couple calls via Whatsapp it charged me as for incoming roaming call.

Now, I may not be real tech savvy or so, but it takes little effort to get that "voicemail off+data is off+all taken care of" does not equal "voicemail on+extra charges for using data/roaming". 

So, what would be the way to solve it? To call 789 again? To wait again and to be assured this time it will be taken care of?

d.

0 Kudos
MacUsers
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: bad support // whatsapp received calls charges

Nope! There is no easy way to solve it - trust me on that.
The entire mobile support seem outsourced to Philippines and they are not really helpful at all. I moved to Virgin Mobile 2 days ago (being a Virgin BB + TV customer for couple of yrs. now) and already spent more then 6 hrs. with them to [re]solve various issue. Most of then appeared to be very rude and hang up on you if ask the question they don't have an answer for that. I just believe that were two very isolated cases. The biggest mistake I've made but canceling my order during the cooling-off period.
Good luck with that but I fear you will see yourself back to square one again.

-S
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi denisDUB and MacUsers,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your mobile service. Has this been resolved for you?

If you are still experiencing a problem with your service, please let me know and I'll look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

you can turn off data on your phone or disable data when roaming.
0 Kudos