Menu
treaclepins
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

awful customer service and a site riddled with errors

Hi there, first post - don't know where else to find help. I tried to sign into the Virgin mobile site today and it took ages, as it kept saying my email address wasn't valid. When I did get in I checked my reward points and decided to buy a new phone. The phone should have cost £9.99 as the reward points paid for the rest. When I tried to pay for the phone the site wouldn't recognise my credit card - even though I used it this morning to top up (and have used it to top up twice monthly for years). I tried four times without success. I tried another card and on the second attempt I was successful. However the screen then displayed a message saying that there was a problem with my order and giving me a phone number to cal (0345 064 3847), I called the number but it is not in service. I checked my emails and discovered a confirmation of my order, but I have been overcharged by £30! The email gave an 0800 number to call, but the operator was difficult to understand and extremely unhelpful. She told me wait 24 hours and pay for another phone call. I asked for the number for the complaints department, only to find that you have to write to Virgin with all complaints - in 2016 who doesn't have a phone or email contact when things go wrong? Does anyone have any idea of a way to contact Virgin for help? I would be extremely grateful as my entire experience with this company today has been awful. Sorry for the rant, glad for any help.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: awful customer service and a site riddled with errors

Hi treaclepins

Sorry to hear you have had a few issues

a number you can ring is 0345 6000 789

they would be able to see whats been ordered , how much has come out and come to an arrangement with you to get this rectified Smiley Happy
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

All Replies
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: awful customer service and a site riddled with errors

Hi treaclepins

Sorry to hear you have had a few issues

a number you can ring is 0345 6000 789

they would be able to see whats been ordered , how much has come out and come to an arrangement with you to get this rectified Smiley Happy
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own