Menu
paulthfc
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

autistic sons bill mistake

my autistic son harry came home from school late,so he phoned his mother to say hes on his way ,although the call was only a minute ,the bill came in for 6 and a half hours.harry put phone in pocket without pressing end call,but my wife did,which proved so when she phone myself a minute later to say harry on way home.the bill for call is£122. i put parental cap for £50.please advise thanks p wykes.

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: autistic sons bill mistake

Hi paulthfc

sorry to hear you have had troubles with your phone

I hope to clear a few points up for you today Smiley Happy

The limit that is set on the account isn't a parental cap and should never have been explained as a parental cap to you.

The limit is called a credit limit which is the maximum spend we allow for the account to go to, HOWEVER, the credit limit only takes effect once the charges hit the account. Which in your case the 6 hour phone call wouldn't hit the account until the call had ended as we cannot charge for a call that's still on going . we need a start and end time to calculate the length and the charge

The time of the call would be then taken off either the remaining minutes on the account or it not charged at the standard rate.

If you wanted to monitor the usage on the account then you can do so by creating an online account and tracking the remaining minutes and data from there.

The credit limit is explained in our service agreement

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/our-service.html#5

"6.4 Credit limits: We may set a monthly credit limit on your account that will be an amount we consider appropriate. We will let you know what this amount is if we do set a monthly credit limit. We may suspend your access to the Services if you exceed the limit. You should not use the credit limit for budgeting as the amount you owe is not capped or limited and you will still be liable if you exceed the credit limit we set"
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
raddleman
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

If this did happen then I would suggest that a fault has occurred within the network as with GSM signalling either party can close a call.

see this thread here

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi paulthfc,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear you've been charged £122 for a phone call. I appreciate this is quite a high amount through no fault of your own.

I see Lee_B has explained how the credit limit can be breached.

If I'm being honest I'm not sure what has happened here. It's usually high because no one hangs up but you've explained your Wife did end the call and rang you straight after. There would be proof of this from the call logs or your Wife's itemised billing.

I'd recommend calling the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. They'll be best placed to comment on the next steps. If they do require you to write in with proof then you can find the address here.

I'd be keen to hear the outcome so please keep me updated.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
paulthfc
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi rich.thnx for reply.ive been calling the team several timesuntil im blue in the face,was not interested in call records.im also with virgin.the debt has been passed to a 3rd party.therefore virgin will not have my custom again(along with other family members,friends and any body else i can advise).like you kindly stated the records clearly show what actually happened,thnx again.yours  paul.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi paulthfc,

Many thanks for getting back to me.

I'm disappointed to hear you still haven't got a resolution to this problem. I do appreciate the difficulty the agents have because they can't see the records in front of them. All they see is the length call in question.

If you look at my post above you will see I have included a link to our 'Consumer Complaint Resolution Code of Practice'. Our address is in there should you wish to send proof in to take this further.

Please feel free to keep this thread updated as you go along.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos