Menu
linmarie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

anyone else getting constant messages on mobile to download google apps device policy?

for the last few days I have received constant 'account action required' messages - when I go into this it advises me to download Google Apps Device Policy.  I did this but then read the advice that this was only for work or education use, not for private use, so uninstalled it. now I am in catch 22 where my phone constantly tells me to download the app but does not allow me into my google account to do so.

any suggestions?

0 Kudos
vazzer
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: anyone else getting constant messages on mobile to download google apps device policy?

Same here it is driving me mad.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: anyone else getting constant messages on mobile to download google apps device policy?

Hi linmaire,

Thanks for postingSmiley Happy

This is something I'm not overly familiar with I'm afraid.

I have managed to find a link here to the device policy page on Google which has some FAQ's you may find of assistance.

Let me know how it goes.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
vazzer
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have been searching the Internet to try and resolve this. The only thing I found was that some Sky customers had the same problem, when Sky stopped using Google for mail and went to Yahoo.As Virgin are going through the same process at the moment, this may be what's causing this problem.

0 Kudos
vazzer
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have now resolved the problem on my phone. It was caused I believe because I used my Ntl account when setting up details on Google to pay for apps ect through their Playstore. I deleted my Google account details and to make sure deleted my Ntl account of my phone. I opened a separate gmail account for paying for any Google products. When I was sure that I no longer got the Device message I reinstalled my Ntl account. Now been running all day without any problems

0 Kudos
linmarie
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Stephen B. I had, however, already accessed that page and followed the suggestions to no avail. Eventually, I had to reset the phone to factory settings with all that entailed!! It worked.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi vazzer,

Really pleased to hear you've got this sorted and thanks for posting the results here with us.

If I see any others with a similar issue I will link them to this thread.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi linmarie,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

Glad you managed to get your issue resolved although using a factory reset which can be annoyingSmiley Sad

Any issues in future by all means get back to me.

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos