Menu
a12
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

advice on a faulty mobile

hi have the s5 mini and it has recurring problems

sent back twice now and have been asked to send back again but every time I send it back I'm without a phone do I have any consumer rights to get the phone swopped same make or model is fine I just want a working phone

phone is  coming up for 12 months and I have been living with the problems because I need my phone its my only method of being able to be contacted say for instance if my children are ill at school

one suggestion from virgin is to go through insurance!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: advice on a faulty mobile

Insurance doesn't work for faulty phones - unless the fault was due to dropping them downstairs or a thief breaking it as he is running away. An insurance company is not there as a safety net for when your statutory rights are being ignored.

What sort of problems are we talking about? When was your purchase? How long after purchase did you make your first complaint? How much time in total has your phone been back in for repair on the two occasions you sent it back?

0 Kudos
a12
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The screen goes black mid use doesn't matter if I'm using an app the Internet a phone call even when it isn't being used,
I can't remember the first time it went but last time was Feb and since then even though the problem is still there I have just got on with taking the battery out and putting it back in this can happen anything from once to ten + times a day
each time the phone was back about a week later and each time they said there was nothing wrong with the phone
spoke to Virginia again earlier and they asked if they could call me on another phone after having to mess around going to someone else's house to use their phone all they did was a factory reset and said don't reinstall any apps for at least 48 hours and then only install one at a time
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That sort of issue could be software or hardware - if a factory reset hasn't fixed it, then it's probably hardware. It might be a faulty screen, or (for example) it could be the proximity sensor which is faulty - that's the component which tells the operating system that your handset is face down on a desk or up against your ear - resulting in the screen being switched off.

0 Kudos