Menu
weekeelie
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

adding mobile to my virgin webpage

Hi all,

Wife and I are old techie dinosaurs, but last April she bought a Virgin mobile. She registered it with  'My virgin media' under my account - no probs until last week I had my arm twisted to join her in the 21st century and bought a virgin monthly simcard to insert in a donated and unlocked handset.

However MVM won't allow me to add this fone to my account - says only PAYG fones can be added.  So now I can't keep track of my mins/data usage.   Rang 789 but guy there - though polite/friendly - wasn't much help, only telling me what I knew, and his only suggestion was open a new MVM account for 'my' mobile.  

But if I do so in my name it's bound to recognise there's an account already operating under that name and refuse me;  and if I do so in my wife's name, it will not recognise her as a Virgin customer, and likewise refuse to open a MVM account in her name.

Not an earth-shattering problem, I know, but it would be nice to keep track of my daily/monthly  usage, so any answers/hints/clues from Forum members would be appreciated.   Thank you!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: adding mobile to my virgin webpage

Hi,

I'm afraid the only way will be to create a new account for your pay monthly phone using a different email address.

(I've got two separate accounts for my phones - bit of a pain having to have two separate log-ins but at least you can keep an eye on them).

AlexKid:-)

If you just want to say thanks > click 'kudos'.
If this has also helped answer your question > click 'helpful answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: adding mobile to my virgin webpage

Hi,

I'm afraid the only way will be to create a new account for your pay monthly phone using a different email address.

(I've got two separate accounts for my phones - bit of a pain having to have two separate log-ins but at least you can keep an eye on them).

AlexKid:-)

If you just want to say thanks > click 'kudos'.
If this has also helped answer your question > click 'helpful answer' also.