Menu
Jatine
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You've Billed Me ?? - I DON'T LIVE IN THE UK & I DON'T USE VIRGIN MEDIA!

I once used a Virgin media mobile account, when I lived in the UK, and I cancelled that because on several occasions Virgin Media took money from my bank account in sums that were entirely unrelated to the 10 pound, pre-paid, deal that I'd apparently agreed to.  It took several phone calls to cancel the account (and weirdly several phone calls to set it up in the first place).  Finally, a very decent and competent member of your staff realised the error and corrected the account.  Now I've received another bill, well over 10 months since I cancelled the account.  Please fix this now!

Your staff and I have spent many hours on this farce - and what is more ridiculous, is that I only ever made perhaps 10 minutes of calls when I did have a Virgin mobile phone number.

The reference you give is FAS51*******

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal and private information. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts on the forum. To send a Private Message (PM) please click the letter icon to the top right of your screen. You can review the Forum Guidelines on this here. Thanks] 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: You've Billed Me ?? - I DON'T LIVE IN THE UK & I DON'T USE VIRGIN MEDIA!

Hi Jatine,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear you've had some billing issues. I can appreciate this is frustrating.

This may be a mistake on our part but to be sure I would recommend contacting our mobile team on +447953967967 so we can check this for you.

My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Jatine
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply Stephen

To be blunt, I don't have time to call and wait while someone tries to deal with this, I certainly don't have the money to waste making an international call to the UK.

The fact that I have been billed for something that I am supposed to pre-pay to use, at least 10 months after cancelling the arrangement, and 6 months after your team recognised the problem speaks volumes for the ridiculousness of the situation.

Indeed, the fact that I have had to even respond to your message is hugely problematic.

It seems quite simple, this is a Virgin Media forum, Virgin Media have issued a bill in my name, that bill has no basis whatsoever.  That bill needs to be cancelled.

The most frustrating thing about this is that due to some sort of technical problem on Virgin Media's end I am continually remind your company of their fault, I don't even live in the UK, I can't even use the Virgin Media service.

A service that was cancelled 10 months ago, and that your company recognised I was billed incorrectly for, and that they apparently corrected, to now be sent another bill, especially, and particularly problematically, when that service was supposed to be pre-paid - the fact that your company continues to bill me, inspite of recognising the problem and me not even being able to use the service suggests some sort of extortion from Virgin Media.  Virgin Media knows that if I don't pay a bill they issue then I will have credit check problems.

Please correct the problem immediately

Thank you

Jatine

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jatine,

Thanks for your reply.

I can completely understand your frustration here and I agree that this is something that needs to be cancelled. However, we're unable to deal with cancellations via the forums as it's something we don't have access to.

The quickest way to get this cancelled is to call us on +447953967967. I know this is inconvenient and I must apologize for this.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos