Menu
Upton
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You should read this, do not be fobbed off

I posted a few months ago, (moisture in phone) about a phone I got with a package from Virgin Media, which went wrong within a few days of having it. I sent to Virgin media for repair only to be told it had moisture in it and would not be repaired under guarantee.

I phoned customer services who told me the phone should not be used near steam, in wet weather or exposed to dramatic climate changes. I explained the phone had not been near steam or water and the only time it had seen dramatic climate change was between being made in China and transported here. The letter from them also said see attached photo of moisture indicator, (it was not attached). 

I sent several letters that went unanswered saying I was not happy with this as I was clear we had done nothing to cause the phone not to work.

Eventually I forwarded all the paperwork, I had prepared to take the matter to a Count court and the letter of complaint to Virgin Media's head office.

It did take several weeks to resolve but it has now been sorted and the loan agreement for the phone has been unwound.

The message from this is if you absolutely know you are in the right, fight it all the way and hopefully common sense will prevail.

I can assure you I would have taken this to court and relied on the justice system.  

J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: You should read this, do not be fobbed off

Good for you, it's nice to read that you got justice in the end, to be honest if more folks did this then they would get better at sorting the issues out. The cost of a court case far exceeds the cost of resolving the issue, it just too many steps for most folk.
0 Kudos
mad4amanda
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Was it a Samsung phone by any chance if so what model?
0 Kudos
Upton
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It was an LG K8.

0 Kudos