Menu
Tubeman
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

You are not subcribed to a mobile data service

I have upgraded my phone from a old windows phone to a Apple iPhone SE two weeks ago and have spent hours on the phone to virgin media, to get things sorted out.

I had to request a replacement nano (sim number 1) for my new phone, as the old one was not compatible with the iPhone. As the mobile data did not work straight away and was told to wait 24 hours for things to settle down. Waiting did not work, I am getting the 3G icon on the phone, everything else was working, so back on the phone to Virgin and went through a few processes with me, which did not work and they decided to send me a nano (sim number 2)! This one also did not work, so I checked on the internet and tried a couple of procedures, that other people did with their phones to get them working, again nothing worked. so, I took a nano sim out of my netbook which uses the virgin data mobile 3G  network and found it worked! So, back to Virgin with this new information for their technical support and this time things should be sorted out!

45 minutes on the phone again, this time I am told that it a software problem with the phone and should return the phone from where I purchased it and sent me nano (sim number 3) anyway!

I took the phone to a local phone shop whom took time to check it over and could not fault it. They even put in 3 different mobile providers sims, which all worked with 3G data. I was able to put the new sim into my old windows phone and guess what? it did not with the 3G data as well!

I can only now assume that it is a fault with virgin media network and with the technical support telling me that there is nothing more they can do for me, it leaves me with no resolution it will be goodbye to virgin media after several years using them. 

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: You are not subcribed to a mobile data service

Hi Tubeman

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with mobile data. I'd like to take a closer look at your account but have been unable to locate it using your forum details so I've sent you a private message which you can view by clicking on the envelope in the top right.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Tubeman

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with mobile data. I'd like to take a closer look at your account but have been unable to locate it using your forum details so I've sent you a private message which you can view by clicking on the envelope in the top right.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Tubeman
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks to Dave, who sorted this problem in an hour! No thanks to the other technical team staff who could not sort this problem out in two weeks and told me to get a new phone!

Tubeman
0 Kudos