Menu
Vlad
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yodel

I have been a Virgin Media customer for many years and i cannot fault your service however your delivery company Yodel is appalling. I have had a rather bad experience with Yodel on behalf of Virgin Media before and now its happening again. I ordered a Samsung S6 on the 22/04/15 and was informed that it would be delivered on the 23/04/15, it is now the 27/04/15 and i am now getting very angry.

Parcel received at service centreNorthampton service centre23rd Apr 201506:44

I understand that it is now Yodel's responsibility to deliver the phone to my address and i cannot get through to anyone at their customer service number apart from a machine that tells me the same thing the website tells me, so now i turn to you for help as it is still in my view Virgin Media's responsibility to ensure customer satisfaction.

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Yodel

Hi Vlad

I'm massively sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing in getting your new phone, have you had any information regarding the delivery since your post?

If not and you're not getting anywhere with calling the team on 789 from your handset or 0345 6000 789 from any other, let me know and I'll do my best to help chase this up.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Vlad

Thanks for getting back to me, does the website let you know which yodel depot the phone is being held at?

There's also a chat facility on the Yodel website [here], that's available between 8am - 10pm, Monday - Friday. 8am - 5pm, Saturday. You can find other ways to contact Yodel for more information on this [here].

Hope this helps Man Happy

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'm really sorry you've been unable to speak to Yodel.

So I can see what can be done here, are you able to PM me your mobile number so I can chase this up for you?

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@ForumTeam

Sorry but it's not the customers responsibility to be chasing Yodel at this point, it's yours.

You've made a contract with the customer under the Sale of Goods act that contract has not yet been fulfulled as the customer has not yet received his property.

Either get Yodel to find the phone or get a replacement out to the customer and bill Yodel for the lost item.

Ravenstar68 

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Vlad

I'm massively sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing in getting your new phone, have you had any information regarding the delivery since your post?

If not and you're not getting anywhere with calling the team on 789 from your handset or 0345 6000 789 from any other, let me know and I'll do my best to help chase this up.

Take care

Craig

Vlad
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig_D, yes i have called the VM customer services 6 times, i cant fault them because i am always told the same thing which is that the phone is at the service centre, i have also been given the tracking number for yodel which works on the myyodel website, that also says that the phone is at their service centre, if you call yodel a robot takes you through the process and you are told the same thing that the website tells you and no further options available.

So there it is, i am now stuck in yodel hell like many others, the thing is that i consider VM to be a decent company selling good products but VM are being made to look like idiots because they insist on using a delivery company that must be cheap because yodel wouldnt be expensive with appalling service like this.

For the sake of my phone and any future business i strongly recommend VM to reconsider using yodel as in my humble opinion they are dragging VM's name into the mud. 

p.s. if you could help me at all with my missing phone problem i would be very grateful.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Vlad

Thanks for getting back to me, does the website let you know which yodel depot the phone is being held at?

There's also a chat facility on the Yodel website [here], that's available between 8am - 10pm, Monday - Friday. 8am - 5pm, Saturday. You can find other ways to contact Yodel for more information on this [here].

Hope this helps Man Happy

Craig

Vlad
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your reply and the information, im going to try and get through on the chat. 

The phone is at the Northampton service centre.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Vlad
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I tried to talk to yodel using the live chat function but it doesnt seem to be working at the moment. For some reason im not at all surprised,i should imagine its blamed on an IT issue but i like to think its to prevent staff getting abused by furious customers.If i worked for their customer services i would be so embarrassed.

Its now been 8 days since i was told by VM that my shiny new phone would be delivered and as a long term customer i feel very let down. Is there anything i can say to VM customer services on 789 that would help me?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'm really sorry you've been unable to speak to Yodel.

So I can see what can be done here, are you able to PM me your mobile number so I can chase this up for you?

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yodel are a joke, no wonder they have been consistently the worst courier in the UK.

We have NEVER had a delivery from them that hasn't had a problem.

One the local drivers refuses to deliver to our address and a few others, because we complained, when he wasn't delivering items, because the 50p he gets from each parcel didn't cover his fuel etc.

So now if he has a parcel, he won't even come out to deliver, will say no answer/carded (when we are in and no card left) or no access to property, when there are no access issues whatsoever.

Yodels poor service reflects badly on Virgin Media.

Vlad
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Mat_H i managed to get through to an advisor on yodel's live chat and he checked then said "Your parcel was received into the Northampton depot on the 23rd of april but we've not had any updates since then. I'd strongly advise contacting the sender as your parcel may have been lost in transit. In such a situation they would be able to assist you further as your contract for the delivery of this parcel is with them".

So what happens now?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@ForumTeam

Sorry but it's not the customers responsibility to be chasing Yodel at this point, it's yours.

You've made a contract with the customer under the Sale of Goods act that contract has not yet been fulfulled as the customer has not yet received his property.

Either get Yodel to find the phone or get a replacement out to the customer and bill Yodel for the lost item.

Ravenstar68 

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.