Menu
smithsc2012
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yodel say SIM delivered - but it hasn't been

Hi there

According to the My Orders section of the site, my replacemetn SIM card has been successfully delivered to me by Yodel.

It was supposedly deleivered on Saturday 4 July - only it wasn't, and there was no card either.

I'm also amused (read: not really) by the 99p charge for "free delivery by post".

The main thing I'm concerned about here is where my SIM card is - Yodel clearly HAVE NOT delivered it successfully.

What can you do to put this right for me?

Thanks,

Sam

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
rsauye
Dialled in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yodel say SIM delivered - but it hasn't been

Same Thing Here As Well.

But Last Time I Had 1 Sent It Was By Royal Mail The Next Day

Although They Said Sent By Yodel.

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I wouldn't trust Yodel with the time of day!!!

The worlds most inept and useless company EVER, 

(ps...VM are not that far behind!!)

0 Kudos
BexTech
Superfast
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yodel are the worst courier about.  They are cheap for a reason, they fail to deliver on time, fail to deliver full stop, lie they have delivered, lie they have tried to deliver.

I usually avoid companies that use Yodel.

Don't believe anything they say.

Have to wonder why Virgin would want to use the worst courier company in the UK.

0 Kudos
alpha123
Up to speed
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

When I worked in a virgin store we got alot of feedback about yodel. nothing but issues

Its main drawback is its an almost entirely franchised company. You can get an amazing yodel driver ig van works well delivers great, then you can get a yodel driver who literally delivers stuff out of his own car as nd when he pleases for some extra money.  there dosnt seem to be much regulation going on

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi smithsc2012,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here, I'd like to wish you a warm welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that you've not received your SIM in the post from us and from Yodel, I'd love to help out here. 

The mobile team on 789/ 0345 600 0789 should be able to resend you out a new SIM and you'll be back up and running in no time. 

Please let me know here on how the call goes and if there's anything I can help you with in the meantime, please let me know.

All the best.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi RSauye,

Thanks for posting here and sorry to hear that you have also had this scenario happen to you, I can appreciate your frustration.

Can you please let me know if you have received your SIM? If not, can you tell me when it was meant to be delivered?

Get back to me when you can.

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
ABrowne
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

In case this helps, I ordered a new SIM over the phone yesterday. Arranged for it to come by Royal Mail second class, which will take a few days. Despite this the confirmation email I got from Virgin said that it would be delivered by Yodel today. I think VM are basically sending out confirmation emails with incorrect information, and I expect the SIM will be delivered by Royal Mail as arranged in due course. Also the status was showing as delivered as early as yesterday, so again, I think this is just a case of the information on VM's systems not reflecting the reality.

0 Kudos
wendy444
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

ABrowne wrote:

In case this helps, I ordered a new SIM over the phone yesterday. Arranged for it to come by Royal Mail second class, which will take a few days. Despite this the confirmation email I got from Virgin said that it would be delivered by Yodel today. I think VM are basically sending out confirmation emails with incorrect information, and I expect the SIM will be delivered by Royal Mail as arranged in due course. Also the status was showing as delivered as early as yesterday, so again, I think this is just a case of the information on VM's systems not reflecting the reality.

I think you could be right.

Shame they don't seem to have done anything about it in the 6 months since you reported it here.

0 Kudos
spikeyhair88
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yodel says Phone has been. delivered today ant it has not. There was no card left.

Hi.I have the same situation but it is for a new phone and speaker. Yodel says Phone has been. delivered today and it has not. I was out for a couple of hours There was no card left to say there had been any attempt to deliver. I think Virgin should change their courier Yodel are doing this a lot.

I hope I am not going to get charged for this as its a new contract phone.

0 Kudos