Menu
Billdog23
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yodel Military Addresses

I ordered a new phone a week ago and they tried to deliver to my Barracks address but said they could not got access.  This is because they didn't want to spend two minutes signing in at the gate which is manned 24/7.

This is a common occurrence as they frequently just turn around and leave without making hardly any attempt to deliver. It is an extra couple of minutes but why take on the contract if you cant deliver to military bases.

I re-arranged this for the next day with them but they did the same again. So once again I re-arranged it and gave my number for them to ring me when they arrive and also the guard had my number as well.  I waited all morning and contacted them to get an update and they told me it was in depot and could take 48hrs to re-dispatch.  I asked them to send it back to sender.

I phoned Virgin and told them and they said I will have to wait for the phone to arrive back before they re-arrange another delivery.

Why should I wait longer when they have not fulfilled my order as I have not even seen the phone and am now still waiting for it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yodel Military Addresses

Hi Billdog23,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry for the trouble you've had with obtaining the phone. When we send a phone to Yodel, it'll be their responsibility to deliver this. If the phone is to be returned to us, we need to make sure that it's back in our possession so that we know the phone is accounted for.

I'm sorry for any frustration caused on our part. I'm sure the phone will be back as soon as possible.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Billdog23
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, I spoke to Virgin yesterday and they reckon it will be Saturday earliest before it will be processed back in the system, then I will have to re order.  This will probably be two weeks later than when I wanted the phone.

I understand they got to wait for it to be returned but I would think this is Yodels and Virgins problem not mine seeing as my order has not been fulfilled and I have not even set my eyes on the phone.  This isn't the first time Yodel have messed up. I have already made a complaint anyway and will wait for the outcome from that.

Many Thanks

Billy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry that we couldn't help more from our side Billy Smiley Sad

Please keep me posted with your progress.

I'm here if you need me.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Billdog23
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Spoke to Virgin again today and the phone is back with them but there is a problem on the system. It says the order is still in progress so they cannot let me upgrade and order again because of this. They have told me to ring back Monday (two weeks after my original order was made).

This is getting ridiculous now and I am losing patience, all I wanted was a new phone and because of a useless delivery company (Yodel) I am now the one who has been inconvenienced. I have not had many problems with Virgin but it seems they have no flexibility when it comes to a problem like this.  I am going into town this weekend to weigh up my options and maybe leave them.

I have had a similar issue with Amazon and they re sent an item as soon as they realized and this was before the item was even returned to them.

I am really disappointed and phoneless!!

Regards

Billy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm incredibly sorry about this Billy.

It's not our intention to make things difficult for you and I understand your frustration.

My colleagues will want to do as much as possible to help you with this but until our system lets us process the order, we're unable to bypass this.

We'd be sorry to lose you as our customer. Please keep me posted with how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos