Menu
Stoneage
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Xperia M5 Marshmallow Update

Although Sony released Marshmallow to a number of models some time ago and claims to have done so for the M4 & M5 we, the poor relations of the mobile world (Virgin Mobile customers), are still waiting. 

Any ideas as to when we can expect the upgrade? After all, it was one of the selling points of the phone.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Xperia M5 Marshmallow Update

Virgin may be working on the update, if Sony have given them the stock version, but you and I would not be informed, it would just be made available, most but not all would receive a prompt to update, the rest need to search on the phone, I assume you have done that?
0 Kudos
Stoneage
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To be honest, I have hit the software update once a week since Sony announced it was to be released. Had I realised the upgrade was going to take so long I wouldn't have gone for this particular deal.

I think Virgin Mobile are somewhat remiss in not offering an update notification service. It would not be difficult to instigate.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sadly they have been almost the worst in updating rooms, I expect it's due to the contract with BT and what they can and can't do that makes it hard to resolve
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stoneage, 

I am sorry to hear that you are yet to receive a software update for your Sony.

We are always working hard at Virgin to roll out as many of the software updates as possible. I would love to give you a specific date as to when it will be released but at present we do not have the information available. 

Please keep an eye on the [News Board] for any further updates going forward. 

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos
Stoneage
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A week ago I received the Marshmallow upgrade - hurrah! Now my phone does what it should have done when I got it in May. I am finally pleased with the purchase if not the contract.

0 Kudos