Menu
yampyuk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Xperia M2 not connecting to internet

I have a Sony Xperia M2 and I cannot connect to the Internet whilst out and about. I have gone through the handset guides and followed the download settings for Internet and MMS and I have gone through the enable or disable Data Services and I have also filled in the APN data, but alas still it comes up with 'Can't load search results' you're not connected to the Internet, this is when I turn off Wi-Fi and do a search on google. Is there anything I have missed?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Xperia M2 not connecting to internet

Hi yampyuk,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Have you been able to try the SIM card in another handset? This would determine whether the fault lies with the SIM or handset. If you're not able to do this then that's okay.

In order to pursue this further I'd need you to contact the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

I'd be very keen to hear the outcome. Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi yampyuk,

Many thanks for keeping me updated. I'm thrilled to hear you've finally got this fixed.

It appears your settings were automatically picking up 2G signal. I've included a link here which would explain the improvement to HSPA better.

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

All Replies
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi yampyuk,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties getting the internet to work on your Xperia M2.

I've provided a link to our mobile guide here for you. It includes a walk through on how to setup internet access on your phone.

I've also provided this link here to another thread which has all the APN settings in case you need to check these are correct.

Hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

yampyuk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen_B,

Thanks for the welcome and the reply.

As I have stated in my post I have copied to my mobile all the APN settings that your link eludes to but still I can not connect.

Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi yampyuk,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I'd like to know a little more about the situation. Please answer the following:-

How old is the handset?

Have you been able to access mobile data before?

Does the 3G icon appear? (3G, H+ etc)

Has the handset been factory reset?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
yampyuk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich_B

Sorry I did not realise that you had replied to my message as I didn't get an email.

Anyway to answer your questions:

My mobile is 10 months old.

I have not been able to access mobile data before, but did not need it until now.

Yes the 3G icon is there but I have not seen the 'H'.

I have factory reset the handset on a couple of occasions, and rechecked all the settings.

Best regards and thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi yampyuk,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Have you been able to try the SIM card in another handset? This would determine whether the fault lies with the SIM or handset. If you're not able to do this then that's okay.

In order to pursue this further I'd need you to contact the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

I'd be very keen to hear the outcome. Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
yampyuk
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your interest but I have got it sorted with a very helpful person I called on 789.

It took about 40 minuets of checking all the suggestions that I have had on this forum but everything was set up right.

Now to be honest he eventually did something to my phone settings that he sent and then asked me to shut down the mobile and restart after a couple of minutes which I did. My APN settings are the same but my network mode is 4G (preferred)/WCDMA/GSM. The only thing I have noticed that has changed is in 'About phone'-Status' scroll down to 'Mobile network type' shows HSPA which showed nothing before, and the 'Service state' now says 'Voice: In service - Data: In service. That's it if that makes any sense to you? If you do understand what this clever person did to get my phone working again then could you tell me please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi yampyuk,

Many thanks for keeping me updated. I'm thrilled to hear you've finally got this fixed.

It appears your settings were automatically picking up 2G signal. I've included a link here which would explain the improvement to HSPA better.

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team