Menu
stevenmpitt
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wrongly charged for photos I never sent

I have just received my bill and on it I seem to have been charged for several photos that were allegedly sent to Canada or america.

i do not know anybody in Canada or the USA 

how can can I be charged for photos that I never sent???

0 Kudos
stevenmpitt
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrongly charged for photos I never sent

Reading other threads this seems to be a problem that has been going on for months!

Mms messages sent to email appearing as photos sent to America
What is the latest update?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

...which basically suggests that you were correctly charged. Virgin's systems didn't adequately explain that you'd sent your message to an email contact instead of a phone contact. Presumably that wasn't your intention?
0 Kudos
stevenmpitt
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is my daughters phone and she says she has not sent photos to any email address
She has unlimited data so would use imessage or whats app to send anything
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Your daughter sent a text message to a person from her contacts list.

She chose the wrong contact - and ended up sending it to the person's email address instead of their mobile number.

The handset converted it to MMS and virgin sent it through a server which processes "text to email".

Your daughter is charged MMS rate. The person received your daughters message on their email client. The bill shows what appears to be an American number but is just an internal reference for the conversion computer.

That's my understanding of what's going on. It's easy enough to test - get your daughter to send you a text to your number, then get her to send it again to your email address. Then look at her bill.

Steve_M
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My mobile is with O2, but when I first got it I had the same problem of being charged for photo messages that I had not sent.  It was something to do with texts being converted to picture messages for reasons I never fully understood.  I asked if this facility could be turned off, and it could.  Now on my account it shows 'Remove multi-media messages - enabled'.  I have had no problems since.  I would ask Virgin to turn it off for your daughter.