Menu
juliarichards63
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Wrong Info on new sim

I changed my phone and required a different sim (nano). I spoke to a lady who said that I had to purchased a new sim and my old number would then be transferred. As the new sim was cheaper I agreed. New sim arrived yesterday and worked straight out of the box. Called Virgin to transfer my old number over and 45 minutes later told that you can not transfer between Virgin accounts. The man I spoke to on the phone obviously could not understand anything outside the usual standard questions and so I had to keep going over the same information again and again and he kept asking for my PAC code, which I don't have as it is two virgin accounts.

If it is the case that I can not transfer my number then I was not told the truth and the salesperson obviously did not know what they were talking about. How do I cancel this new sim?

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong Info

Then you were told a load of rubbish. If it was a straight sim swap then of course you can. 

Try this first:You'll need to activate it online by registering or logging into your account at virginmobile.co.uk/youraccount and select Plan and Device and see if it shows up.

You could try 789 again, as some ops are better clued up. If not the 'Thinking of Leaving' option often gets results

0 Kudos
juliarichards63
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrong Info

Hi

Sim is fully activated and on my account and I think I will go down the I am laving route as you usually get through to the UK service department.

0 Kudos