Menu
Leesg
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Worst ever customer service, has it moved to philippines?

Tried to contact the customer 789 to help to resolved my problem with the agreement.  Call was picked up with a lady with strong philippine accent, she is not helpful and rude, she hang up my call and accused me not listen to her.  Call again another different lady who also has strong philippine accent, She is not friendly and put me on hold for and didn't get back to me until I hang up.  It seem like they are in a group and knew I call before and doesn't bother to help.  

I took 3 hours tried to contact the service but ended up nothing has been resolved?

It so frustrated and angry.  Has the customer services moved to Philippine?

I am tried to continue my contract with virgin mobile, presumably I need to re-consider their services.

JamesRoberts330
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Worst ever customer service, has it moved to philippines?

Firstly I just want to make this 100% clear that there is NO racism or maliciousness whatsoever in this reply.

Now back to @Leesg topic. I also am frustrated at the rudeness and clear lack of understanding and communication in the Customer Service guys on both 789 for Virgin Mobile (every call) and 150 for Virgin Media (after 6pm).

I'm sorry but if Virgin want to maintain a high quality brand then can they please employ more BRITISH people based in the UK that can understand us when we call, 90% of the time speaking to Vodafone, O2 etc. I have had a British advisor if not South African which the people are way easier to understand and can understand us speaking. Our Virgin Media contract is locked in until Feb 2018 (V6 Box 12 month contract) however I have swiftly cancelled my Virgin Mobile contract, which took 45 minutes on the phone to 789.

I am quite shocked at how bad the CS has become these last 12 months or so like. Virgin sort it out or more people like me will be leaving as soon as they possibly can.

jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

companies employ overseas call agents because it is cheap. once the initial outlay has gone, ongoing costs are a fraction of employing uk services. i don't agree with it. having said that in a former employment we did look at outsourcing to india but as some of the contracts involved the government we were told to forget it and stick to uk call centres.

Leesg
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely agreed to James, this is not my first encounter. It seem like they doesn't want to help at all, this is nothing to do with racism. One could hear from the background voice people was laughing and talking with same accent, it give no doubt it might be based at philipphine or somewhere asia. I came from singapore, I have a very understandable accent.
She ask me to give her a new password, after she verified what given was correct, very doubtful.

Our family have had been with Virgin TV, phone and mobile for 8 years or more and guess will have to look out for another provider, their service seem to be lacking now..
I am trying to get a new contract, have had went to branch and there were glitch and I couldn't get one. As all of my family are using them, I thought it would be more economical.
Warpedmedic
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I also have to agree with this.

I have a virgin media and a mobile account, I have always found that virgin media have been helpful and good communication between my self and virgin.

However the treatment that I have hot from virgin mobile is downright terrible, I know that virgin mobile and virgin media are not supported by the same company but the treatment that I have had by virgin mobile has made me want to get out from both.

Sort it out virgin as you're name is really being destroyed.
siju
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Agree with this!! Had to face many issues with CS at VM!!

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Up to speed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I too found it impossible to get clear information or even convey information when talking with Virgin Mobile's 'Sales/Orders" department....

Guy on the phone could barely string two words of English together and some of the security questions that were being asked put me on edge... I didn't feel they where necessary and having dealt with Virgin's customers service in the past I'm aware of the normal questions being asked...

I think of Virgin's customer services as more of a risk than help... 

In the end I hung up the call before agreeing to anything as I felt the order was going to wrong.

I've also had some data protection issues with Virgin's customer service in the past, however when I approached Virgin about this they didn't seem a.) Bothered! b.) Do anything about it.

Follow the crowd, move your customer service back on shore please... your competition hasn't done it just because they wanted too, I'm sure there's some issues that related to sending our information into unregulated territories that was a cause for concern.

Les01889
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've just had to contact customer service for the first time. It took a few calls to actually get to speak to someone but when I finally got through the lady (Carla) that dealt with my problem was very efficient & helpful. She couldn't sort the problem straight away but promised to call me back "shortly". She called back within 10 minutes & sorted the problem within a couple of minutes. I was very pleasantly surprised at her efficiency.. 

0 Kudos