Menu
noelmm
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Worst customer serice I've ever received

I have never received such a bad experience of customer service than I have with Virgin Mobile.

Around the start of February 2016 I took out a new contract with Virgin Mobile and decided upon the LG G4 handset as this suited my requirements i.e. SD card slot and large 5.5" screen. Soon after this my phone developed a fault so I sent it to the repair team via the correct method.

On the 5.4.16 I sent my LG G4 to be repaired as it couldn't connect to a 3G network, it would only ever connect to a 2G network, I was told in the letter received when I received my pack to send the phone back I would have my phone back within 5 days or if not to contact a number which turned out to be customer support. On the 6.4.16 at around 8am I received a text message from the repair company to state they had my phone and would begin the investigation.

After a week I hadn't received my phone back so I followed the instructions and rang the customer service team and asked for an update on my phone, after being passed around from department to department I was finally told that the repair team couldn’t repair my phone as they were unable to get the part and that they had tried to contact me. At no point did the repair team attempt to contact me even though they had my phone number and email address and had even text me previously. After explaining that no attempt to contact me had been made the customer service rep emailed the company involved, repair pilot as they are unable to speak to them directly, I was then told the company would contact me by the end of the day, this didn’t happen.

Over the last few days I have spent many hours (approx. 6 – 10 hours) phoning Virgin Mobile customer service as I still haven’t been contacted by anyone and just keep getting told to await the call to be offered an alternative handset as there is no stock of the LG G4 handset.

On the 12.04.16 I filed a complaint via the Virgin website (ref: KMM20718721V57844L0KM) stating how unhappy I am with the service, I was quickly contacted by a member of the complaints team and after explaining the situation and how much I have been messed around and that I chose the LG G4 for the screen size and SD card slot he said he would look into it.

This morning I received a phone call from the complaints team member and I was offered the Samsung Galaxy S7 and I explained I wouldn’t accept this phone as the screen is smaller than what I had and I use the phone for work so screen size is important. When I said I would not accept the offer I was told that I had 3 options

1. Accept the S7
  2. Wait for more stock of the LG G4 even though I was told there is no timeframe for this to happen
  3. Have the complaint escalated to the management (I chose this option)

I did explain that the only phone that Virgin Mobile currently offers with a screen size equal to the LG G4 is the Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge and I have been told I will not be given that handset to replace my handset as it is too expensive. As I explained surely when I have purchased a phone for a certain spec how is it reasonable to ask me to accept a handset with a smaller screen size (the main reason I had the LG G4), if the phone was of a lesser value but still the same spec and I refused to accept it than I can understand not being provided with a replacement handset but this is not the case.

I have now been without a phone for well over a week and there is no end in sight to this farce and through all of this I am still being charged for my phone that I do not have and do not know when I will receive.  I have also been told not to contact the customer service team regarding this matter again, I must wait for a manager to phone me, to me this is unacceptable customer service.

0 Kudos
cbc
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Worst customer serice I've ever received

They are not going to replace a £300.00 phone with a £500.00 phone.  

0 Kudos
noelmm
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My phone is £360 however I have told them.numerous times I will accept either a new LG G4 or my phone repaired but there is no time frame for either of these options. As far as I know there are no other phones with a 5.5" screen offered by Virgin Mobile at the moment to even choose from. Also with the compensation I have told them I expect for being messed around and having to spend hours and hours on the phone to them the extra cost of around £150 isn't actually that much.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You may well expect compensation. You are very unlikely to get it though.

From what I can see they have made an offer, its up to you which of the three options you wish to accept. After that, if you reject all three, they can wash their hands of the issue.

Have you explored other options? House insurance?

Might be worth contacting the manufacturer and asking if you can get it returned under RMA for repair..others in the same boat have done that successfully

0 Kudos
noelmm
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I won't even try to claim on my home insurance as the phone is under warranty.  I have not been able to ask them to contact LG directly as I just keep getting told I have to wait for a phone call that has never happened and looks like it never will.  I really I just want a new LG G4 as I don't even want a Samsung phone as they have no removable battery.  I've been told I will get a call from a manager in the next 5 days (too long to wait in my opinion), I have also been told I will receive compensation it's just a matter of how much.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I did not say "get them to contact LG direct"

I said that others contacted the manufacturer themselves and got a RMA and subsequent repair.

I get you want to dig your heals in. But what happens if you wait the 5 days and as you point out yourself, the promised phonecall doesn't happen. Another call? Another promise of a call in the next 5 days?

What if it does happen and you get told its been looked at again and the three options offered are what they are sticking to?

I'm not trying to be awkward, just pointing out you seem to be at an impasse with VM. I get you are annoyed. Hell I would be too.Im not surprised at it, get a look at the similar complaints on here. Sometimes though it is easier and less fraught to look at different options.

0 Kudos
noelmm
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You're probably right. I afraid I can't get the phone rma'd myself as I can't get the phone back from virgin media, nothing can progress until I get this call back.

Thanks for the advice. I may just have to accept the S7 offered and learn to deal with the smaller screen.

Regards

Noel
0 Kudos
MrsMonty
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

REALLY!! why the hell should you go for a phone you don't even want (s7) just to settle the case...To many customers, good paying customers getting mugged off again in my opinion, and your still paying a bill on a phone you don't have..bless you that's utter s##t.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

MrsMonty wrote:
REALLY!! why the hell should you go for a phone you don't even want (s7) just to settle the case...To many customers, good paying customers getting mugged off again in my opinion, and your still paying a bill on a phone you don't have..bless you that's utter s##t.

Did you read the thread? OP is locked in a contract and phone is broken. Has been offered alternatives. At that point VM have likely made a "reasonable" offer to resolve the situation.So OP can sit with no phone, likely eventually default and deal with a crap credit file

..or

use some constructive advice to sort it out.

But hey, thanks for your input.   Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
MrsMonty
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes I'm sure they have "LIKELY" made a reasonable offer as you put it Lol...but hey that's what Warranty is for I guess...nothing like wanting to get something your already paying for.
0 Kudos