Menu
celliott1997
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Windows Phone 8.1 Wallet App

Hi,
I would like to setup my debit card on my Windows Phone 8.1 (Update 2) Wallet app. After reading through the Microsoft help page, it seems that it "requires a special, secure SIM card." Is this something available from Virgin in order to start using Tap to pay on my phone?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Windows Phone 8.1 Wallet App

Hi cellitt1997,

Thanks for postingSmiley Happy

To be honest I don't have much experience with this 3rd party wallet app. 

We don't offer any secure SIMS as you mentioned the SIM you already have are the only type we provide.

If you are having difficulties getting your wallet app working I would recommend contacting Microsoft although hopefully a member of the community may be able to chip in with an answer for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi cellitt1997,

Thanks for postingSmiley Happy

To be honest I don't have much experience with this 3rd party wallet app. 

We don't offer any secure SIMS as you mentioned the SIM you already have are the only type we provide.

If you are having difficulties getting your wallet app working I would recommend contacting Microsoft although hopefully a member of the community may be able to chip in with an answer for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

celliott1997
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Alright, thanks. It's actually a built-in app, which works similarly to the iOS 9 Wallet, but according to their help pages, a secure SIM is required to register this information. Looks like I'll just stick to using the card itself. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi celliott1997,

Thanks for letting me know.and for the heads regarding the app. Always nice to learn something new.

Looking around the web it appears other providers are in similar situation to us. It may require a new SIM down the line or a simple update to your current SIM but it looks as though its something not yet available.

Cheers

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos
celliott1997
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

By the looks of it, Virgin Mobile Canada offer these SIMs, which also seem to support 4G. Perhaps we'll get these in future.

http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/phones/phones-summary.html?itcid=NAV:9&filter=A3111990-1
0 Kudos