Menu
westindieman
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Will 4G in the UK work if my OnePlus one is from China?

Another 4G querie I am afraid. I have tried to read through OnePlus One forums but I am still not clear whether my phone will work when I get my new 4G sim. I am currently with VirginMobile in the UK and my service has been upgraded at my request and I am receiving a new sim card in 5 days. I have then gone online to review and check about 4G and have come across forums where it is stated the OnePlus One doesnt support. However I have seen threads where people are discussing 4G or LTE on their OnePlus phone, so I am confused. My phone was imported from China about 3 years ago and it has options for LTE or 3G in the mobile settings. I have called and asked Virgin and they have checked and advised me the OnePlus one will work with 4G. If so why all the confusing messages I have seen from forums?

0 Kudos
palabyr
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will 4G in the UK work if my OnePlus one is from China?

I have a oneplus one and 4g works with mine. I was told ee would be the only network that could provide 4g for it at the time, and I moved to virgin as they're to do with ee

edit: didnt see about China, mine is from the US

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The phone does not support band 20 for LTE, which should NOT be a problem with Virgin as they are not using that band (my phone connects to band 3 & 7 with Virgin) - EE seem to be keeping band 20 for their own use at present.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
westindieman
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well thanks guys and fingers crossed everything will be OK.

0 Kudos
westindieman
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So I have the sim inserted since yesterday and while I can make calls I have no data connection. 

0 Kudos
westindieman
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Palabyr, I have listed the options available in my mobile networks, is yours the same or do you have different options?
0 Kudos
westindieman
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The specs supprts
GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/8
LTE-FDD: Bands: 1/3/4/7/17
LTE-FDD: Bands 38/40

I have phoned OPO customer support and they say the phone supports 4G. I dont know what my phone should be set to at the moment as my 4G contract doesnt start till the 12th but Virgin said my new card can be used straight away. I have tried 2G, 3G and LTE and none make any difference.
0 Kudos